This is was dug right in the middle of a huge Union camp. It looks like it could be some sort of ordanance device but I can't find it in any of the books. Any ideas??
Honestly, I think it looks a little too much like the flaming bomb device.. it just is different then anything I have seen referenced before.. the picture is not very good.. I am in the process of shooting pictures on everything I have dug... so I will post a better picture this evening or tomorrow.
pineapples where once concidered "royal" fruit by the british --so rare a thing they were that the royals had them shipped in for them to eat -- and yes it does appear to be an ord device flaming bomb ( british used that type of device)-- think it might be an even earlier time frame -- british item ? maybe -- remember this always -- the elements that make a "spot" a good spot for civil war camp site would also be make it a good camp site for war of 1812 and 1776 war too if its in an area that might have had troops there.-- my motto is "if it was once a good camping spot" -- its always a good camping spot ( unless it was developed around )
Picture sucks, we need better. look to see if your camera has a Macro mode, flower is the symbol on most. Use a light background, make sure there is plenty of light in the room.