Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is you better live up to your username on staying in good relations :)

I wish I had the bank to order $10,000. Some branches give me crap for ordering $1000.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is one of the reasons why banks are starting to charge a fee to order boxes. There are to many people ordering larger amounts of boxes from one bank everyweek. ordering more than 5 boxes from 1 is a little bit much. One thing i dont think a lot of people realize is , its not the banks charging the fee most of the time is the armoured car carrier. Think about what a pain that is every week to have to lug around 10k worth of halves to the same bank over and over again. There are already armoured car companys around here that are no longer allowing for the ordering of half dollars. I have some inside sources and what i found out was there was someone ordering 6k worth of them every week and the company got tired of dealing with it. Funny thing his the person told me it was fine when he was ordering 3 or 4 cases but this was just rediculous. If you have a good relation ship with your tellers or vault teller great , but everyone lets not forget they are not the ones lugging them around its the armoured car guys. all the bank tellers do is order them and hand them to you and take your money. im not saying what your doing is wrong im just saying dont be suprised if they cut you off after this order.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
My guess is that IF they agree to order $10K - it won't be long before you are cut off from that bank completely.

In the mean time, if the do agree to order you 20 boxes... Enjoy the CTR with every single pickup! :laughing7:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wait and see... greed is taking over already, soon you'll ruin it for all of us.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
My max per branch per week is four boxes. If you are going to do volume, at least spread it out over a few branches. As others noted, this is a good way to get shut down in a hurry.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in agreement with these guys. I have a bank that I have ordered 14 at a time from before, but I try to stick with about 6 or less at a time now. I asked if the delivery guy seemed annoyed when he would bring them in and they said no, but I think maybe they do get annoyed. I came out of a bank one time a while back with just 4 boxes on a dolly and the armored car guy was there in his truck shaking his head. I am pretty sure they don't like us. So now I have at least 4 banks that will let me order from them if I want - I try to keep it to a minimum. It's not hard to get banks to order the halves - it's the dumping that's the challenge, from my experience. My advice: get a few pick-up banks and spread it around.

OP
OP
fingerscrossed

fingerscrossed

Apr 22, 2012
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thanks for the feedback guys definitely i will keep those opinions in mind..i realize you guys are right i just hope the bank will not cut me off and Will still let me buy next time..definetely some learning experience for s newbie hunter..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread