What's new

Oregon, Nevada, and California. New Acquisitions.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some trading and got a few more from the Great Basin area. All are Obsidian except for one. Not sure on any of the types so if anyone knows please chime in and let me know.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0039.webp
    DSC_0039.webp
    51 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_0010.webp
    DSC_0010.webp
    45 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC_0013.webp
    DSC_0013.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC_0015.webp
    DSC_0015.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0017.webp
    DSC_0017.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_0020.webp
    DSC_0020.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC_0022.webp
    DSC_0022.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0024.webp
    DSC_0024.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0026.webp
    DSC_0026.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0028.webp
    DSC_0028.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
WOW! Is that different one a cougar mountain base possibly? They have a heck of a long, well flaked base.
 
Those are very nice. Thanks for sharing.
 
nice,not sure on the type but maybe some of those makers made their way to TN.
 
Looks like you got a very good trade. I seems difficult to find a complete obsidian point around here given that there is a source in Yellowstone. I find small flakes and broken points, but still have not found a complete one.
 
Very kind person traded with you by the looks of it. You can always tell when you do a trade if the other person as been collecting for a while by what they send. I don't do many trades due to I don't find many quality artifacts. Very nice
 
Very nice points
 
Getting the fever for obsidian eh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom