Origin? Possible value

Plotus

Greenie
Oct 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not so much wanting to know the value as I am, what this statuette might depict? I'm fairly sure it must be a deity. I know it dates coming to the States around the late 40's or very early 50's. And I'm relatively sure it must be Japanese or possibly Chinese, but I'm leaning on Japanese

Attachments

• IMG_6107.JPG
    IMG_6107.JPG
    548.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6108.JPG
    IMG_6108.JPG
    598.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6109.JPG
    IMG_6109.JPG
    554.6 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
Plotus

Plotus

Greenie
Oct 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, incredible... Thanks "Mackaydon"....... No there are No discernible numbers or signatures anywhere, though I only gave it a cursury look-over for that. I'll examine much closer. It's been in our family like I say, since the 40's or 50's, not positive, but I always remember seeing it as a kid, and I was born in 1951. I really have no intention of selling it, it means much more as a Family Treasure than any couple hundred bucks could bring, it's an heirloom that I intend to pass down to my Son or Daughter. On a side note, the eyed on both the Deer and the Man are inlays, I had originally thought something like ivory, but thinking further, I believe ivory would yellow and these are relatively white with black pupils.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread