Original Cone-head (Spanish)

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent point. But the key in that instance would be Evidence. All Valid arguments are based on evidence. Without it it becomes only your 'belief'.

As you and I both know from experience, 'Beliefs' are purely subjective, and subjective claims cannot be proven true or false by any generally accepted criteria. Subjective claims often express opinions, preferences, values, feelings, and judgments. Without evidence they fall outside the realm of what is verifiable. They could be true or false. But when faced with no evidence there can be no valid argument for Beliefs. In effect, without evidence the individual promoting the belief has hamstrung the very support/validation they desire. :dontknow:

"Verifiable" and "evidence" are the key words, and both can be very slippery slopes. In the end, truth is at best only probable.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
"Verifiable" and "evidence" are the key words, and both can be very slippery slopes. In the end, truth is at best only probable.

Existence is only probable. And then only by a preponderance of verifiable evidence "agreed upon". Yet we exist.

We can philosophize about Existence and Truth, or we can define them with a preponderance of verifiable evidence. One is Subjective, one Objective.

The slippery slope comes when you attempt to confuse/combine the two.

Many facts were born out of Philosophy, subjective theories can become objective when supporting evidence becomes available. BUT ON THEIR OWN MERIT they are neither True nor False. Unverifiable.

An unverifiable idea/theory you hold as Truth is the definition of "Faith". Now there is a slippery slope for you. Yessir, indeed.

I'd enjoy discussing this further, but maybe in a different venue, you reckon? We have gotten a little outside of the topic's intent in regards to the OP's post/questions. My apologies to Mayan Hunter and the other members posting here.

Which reminds me, I'd like to know more about that Mine mentioned in the OP's post #3 as well??? Hopefully he is still around to satisfy our curiosity. ???

Have a Good'un :notworthy:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You win the right to innocence and your rightful place at home safely in front of the computer. Let others do the dirty work in the field, quietly. You have the right to keep on dreaming while surfing treasure sites. Great job yā€™all..

I just skimmed thru all 88 of your posts. Of the 88, not a single one of them was you doing the "dirty work in the field". Not a single one of them was about your work or your findings "in the field". Not a one of them contained a picture of your recoveries, you in the field or any carving, structures or clues you personally found in the field.

But, EVERY SINGLE ONE of your posts was of you, "home safely in front of the computer" opining on others pictures or finds, often taking them and tracing over them with what you believe you see in them and "dreaming while surfing treasure sites".

Ah, the projection and irony is strong within you....What you wrote to insult others literally couldn't have more accurately, demonstrably and succinctly described yourself!

Last edited:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I just skimmed thru all 88 of your posts. Of the 88, not a single one of them was you doing the "dirty work in the field". Not a single one of them was about your work or your findings "in the field". Not a one of them contained a picture of your recoveries, you in the field or any carving, structures or clues you personally found in the field.

But, EVERY SINGLE ONE of your posts was of you, "home safely in front of the computer" opining on others pictures or finds, often taking them and tracing over them with what you believe you see in them and "dreaming while surfing treasure sites".

Ah, the projection and irony is strong within you....What you wrote to insult others literally couldn't have more accurately, demonstrably and succinctly described yourself!

To borrow a phrase, Deep, I believe you just "Skinned that bird". :wink:

Have a Good'un :notworthy:

listopiedras

Nov 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So, my Go Deeper friendā€¦I wasnā€™t planning to continue this nonsense. But as a courtesy to your need to ā€˜go deeperā€™ into it, I have a question for you:
ā€¦what makes you entitled to ask me about my personal life? You got nothing better to do?
Have I asked you or anybody about what you do, or where you scratch your earth ā€¦.to get dirty?
All of the sudden You and the Metal guy and all newcomers to sign/marks seem interested in the life story of a guy that posted strictly about monuments.
Like you saidā€¦Iā€™m not that special. Are YOU?
Maybe itā€™s time to manage your aggressiveness. Be well.

p.s. And yes, right now I have the peace to stay home in front of the computer and not dream about treasure sites. Iā€™m only trying to help those who deserve and have the right sites or are very close.
But I donā€™t think I owe you or anybody ANYTHING.
This is my last post here, so do what you will.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, my Go Deeper friendā€¦I wasnā€™t planning to continue this nonsense.

Then a simple apology would do, not more projection, accusations and deflection.

I have a question for you: ā€¦what makes you entitled to ask me about my personal life?

I didn't ask a single question about your personal life. I did ask if you had any further evidence you could share that these rocks were altered by man and we're still waiting for an answer.

Maybe itā€™s time to manage your aggressiveness.

Projection. Gaslighting. All we did was disagree with you and tried to engage in discussion about the evidence you were seeing, but, rather then discuss the evidence, we were met with ad hominem arguments, put downs and insults.

I'm only trying to help those who deserve and have the right sites or are very close.

As are we.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mayan Hunter

Mayan Hunter

Jan 25, 2011
Utah desert
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Colt 44/Fisher Gemini lll/Minolta 400 SLR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The mouth of the Cone Head has been shaped by chisel and using the Spanish law of triangles, there is a triangle shaped stone that points to the mouth as the entrance. All rocks were placed in the mouth entrance cleverly concealing the mine.
This particular area belongs to the parks and recreation department, and as such is off limits to any type of mining activity. During the summer, there is a constant stream of people who hike up to stand under a waterfall that is fed by a spring located at the 10,500 foot level that runs 24/7 - 365 days a year. But higher up there are plenty of other Spanish gold mines hidden in a similar fashion, but with a face in front of a few. Important to take lots of pictures.

OP
OP
Mayan Hunter

Mayan Hunter

Jan 25, 2011
Utah desert
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I guess I should have said the Conehead is at the bottom of the mountain, 1/4 mile from the parking lot. It is an easy walk and thus very popular. The mountain is 11,250 feet tall, and the spring I'm estimating starts at the 10,500 foot level. There are springs and lakes up on top, plenty of water for the hiker with a filter. Takes about 10 hours for someone in good physical shape to make it to the peak, you should plan to stay overnight for that. And there are plenty of Spanish rock signs. White eye catchers to study, etc. Profile faces, triangle rocks, compass rocks, the works.

OP
OP
Mayan Hunter

Mayan Hunter

Jan 25, 2011
Utah desert
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I guess I should have said the Conehead is at the bottom of the mountain, 1/4 mile from the parking lot. It is an easy walk and thus very popular. The mountain is 11,250 feet tall, and the spring I'm estimating starts at the 10,500 foot level. There are springs and lakes up on top, plenty of water for the hiker with a filter. Takes about 10 hours for someone in good physical shape to make it to the peak, you should plan to stay overnight for that. And there are plenty of Spanish rock signs. White eye catchers to study, etc. Profile faces, triangle rocks, compass rocks, the works.
On top of "Lone Peak" it really looks like 2 peaks because of a "U" shape carved into the peak. That U shape means this is a trail head mountain and look for the Royal trail to the mines. That 'U' can be seen 50 miles south to the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon, in the next county south. (one of the old Spanish trails) Most of the Spanish mines have been blown up by the ever efficient Forest Service. But they haven't messed with the trail signs. In researching at the library during the winters, I've read many journals of the Religious priests the Spanish were required to take on the expeditions. They are the ones who prayed for safety in the morning and thanking for preserving life in the evening. Preserving life for the Spaniards only. They were also in charge of marking the treasure trail. In 1810, runners were dispatched to all the mines in the present USA, to call back the Spaniards to fight the war against the Mexicans. They were advised to to take the gold they had harvested and cache it near the entrance of the active mines and then cover them up, camo them. It had been the practice to dig a rescue tunnel next to the active tunnel in case of an earthquake, so they could rescue the miners. Hundreds of miners were killed in around early 1715. So the King of Spain made a new rule. *(he was more interested in keeping his 20% tax flowing) A rescue tunnel would run 10 to 15 feet away from the mineral vein. These tunnels were never hidden and remained open. Those who find them always report they are empty, as they never held any ore in them. They are the "Dummy mine" the rescue tunnel. The Spanish didn't win the war with the Mexicans and never returned to their mines. Only the Mexicans who had money returned, and very few of them. Though many Utah pioneers saw their heavily laden pack trains pass thru the Utah valleys going south to Santa Fe in the 1850's.
So with a 2 box detector you could scan all around the dummy mines for the entrance to the mine in which all the gold was cached at the entrance. There I've given out a GEM. But like I said the forest service blows the dummy mines up. And the Religious priests were mostly Jesuits. They were miners also and didn't pay 20% to the King, they were loyal to the Pope, and all their gold went to the Vatican.
Eventually the King of Spain wised up to the Jesuits and rounded them all up and brought as many as possible back to Spain to face punishment. Hanging.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever plot there travel way out of that country?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
... It had been the practice to dig a rescue tunnel next to the active tunnel in case of an earthquake, so they could rescue the miners. Hundreds of miners were killed in around early 1715. So the King of Spain made a new rule. *(he was more interested in keeping his 20% tax flowing) A rescue tunnel would run 10 to 15 feet away from the mineral vein. These tunnels were never hidden and remained open. Those who find them always report they are empty, as they never held any ore in them. They are the "Dummy mine" the rescue tunnel. ...
It seems to me that an earthquake that would destroy one tunnel would likely destroy a second one only a few feet away. Those who reported finding "dummy mines" may have indeed only found empty drifts, where promising surface indications very quickly petered out. This is common.

I'd like to know where you found this allegation. Do you have any links to the documents?

lightspirt

Jul 26, 2023
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Spirit of the Universe
Thank you

This IS, after all a treasure hunting site and not an archaeological site that requires documented proof.

A lot of these endeavors are driven by inspiration, gut feeling and nonconformity to the ā€˜accepted rule of Informationā€™ by others.

Should you not subscribe or understand the process, it would be your own choice to stay uninvolved or participate.

But when ā€˜someoneā€™ tries to shift that process to his/her understanding by becoming a naysayer, it will only be a disservice to those who do see and do understand it in the first place.

It is selfish, ego driven and not fair to others to get involved but only to deny.
Be decent and find a new hobby or another subject to approach which is more in line with your aptitudes.
Here is a great way to think about your sites. I take the first two lines has being free and not being Controlled. Some really dont want that to happen. It makes them insufficient . A huge bubble bust to their Ego.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread