relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I’m detecting a place rich in targets my go to pinpointer is still the old model Garrett. Why?, well when detecting, I hold the pinpointer under my left arm pit and just leave it on. Very efficient not having to turn on/off. Others have alarms and automatically turn off. The original doesn’t. I do turn it off periodically to save battery and reset which is necessary for it to keep working properly. My other favorite is the Mi6 by XP bc I really like the pitch mode better than the pulse mode. I’ll get a few recoveries in before it turns itself off.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use one (pro-pointer) on one detector, along with the Carrot on another detector. I like them both.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I’m detecting a place rich in targets my go to pinpointer is still the old model Garrett. Why?, well when detecting, I hold the pinpointer under my left arm pit and just leave it on. Very efficient not having to turn on/off. Others have alarms and automatically turn off. The original doesn’t. I do turn it off periodically to save battery and reset which is necessary for it to keep working properly. My other favorite is the Mi6 by XP bc I really like the pitch mode better than the pulse mode. I’ll get a few recoveries in before it turns itself off.
The Garrett Carrot or Garrett AT pointer is still the best out there for the $. Waterproof to 20 feet instead of 10 and best vibration and sensitivity. Overall best Durability as well.

The XP Mi-6 pinpointer that ties in wirelessly with your XP Deus is a very close second. That is a really slick one!

Lots of good options now!

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a number of pinpointers in my gear bag. I really like the Mi4 from XP. I had an Mi6 but didn’t care for having it paired to my Orx I prefer the pitch audio to pulsed. Both also vibrate. I have a Garrett carrot, a Garrett pro pointer II and the original pro pointer which I like as I stated that it can be left on and held in my arm pit. This is highly effective when you’re in an area loaded with targets. I tried a Tek point but didn’t care for it much. I’d like to see more in line pointers come out for the ability to discriminate. I’ve never used one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread