What's new

Orignal Yaktrax ?? Date this Item ?

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
904
Golden Thread
1
Location
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going thru some of my iron finds from last weekend and came across this ! I remember digging it but at the time thought it was an old clock piece. A Forged Iron boot heel plate attachment with 4 rivited picks on it, with a cam mechenism for locking it to you boot ! Ice grips I suppose ! I couldn't find any info on this Item ! I was wondering if any one else has come across one in ther journeys and perhaps help me to date this Relic. The spot I found it at is a very mixed age site . Indians to clad found on this site ! MaineRelic.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0640.webp
    IMG_0640.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0639.webp
    IMG_0639.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 287
Maybe old ice skates or loggers spike shoe attachment?

Loggers shoe for working on logs in water, not climbing.
 
Upvote 0
Hi MaineRelic , here's a set I have in a little better condition . I cleaned one up hoping to find a PAT # or Makers mark . the only mark I see is 0.1

That center tab with the holes in it can be put on the pin to accommodate different size heels .
 

Attachments

  • cleat 001.webp
    cleat 001.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 256
  • cleat 002.webp
    cleat 002.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 259
  • cleat 003.webp
    cleat 003.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 273
  • cleat 008.webp
    cleat 008.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0
mojjax said:
Hi MaineRelic , here's a set I have in a little better condition . I cleaned one up hoping to find a PAT # or Makers mark . the only mark I see is 0.1

That center tab with the holes in it can be put on the pin to accommodate different size heels .
Thanks Mojax ! Not able to date it though ??/
 
Upvote 0
Great ID mojjax :icon_thumright: Green check on this one :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom