What's new

Ornamental copper or brass thingy

ntx4509

Greenie
Joined
Nov 2, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Galveston,Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett xl200
Found this on Galveston beach today. Appears to be copper or brass. I spent a couple of hours getting some of the green crud off. No visible writing on it that I have found so far. It has a slight concave shape. The wifes guess was a ornament for a gunstock. Any clues?
 

Attachments

  • whatsit1.webp
    whatsit1.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 699
Looks like half a ladies shash buckle

Tim
 
Upvote 0
doublet2a said:
Looks like half a ladies shash buckle

Tim

Agreed late 19th C :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
After looking around on the web I think you guys are correct. I beleive this item is half of a sash buckle. I have tried to find one that matches but was not successful. If anyone knows of a site with this item please let me know. I am marking this one as solved. Thanks for the help.
 
Upvote 0
Never doubt our gathering of experts!!Search Victorian Butterfly sash buckle
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom