What's new

✅ SOLVED Ornamental ?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,683
Reaction score
43,423
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in an old area, about 8-9 inches deep. Appears to be plated. Weighs about 1.5 ounces.
 

Attachments

  • STARTHING7.webp
    STARTHING7.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 106
  • STARTHING6.webp
    STARTHING6.webp
    107.1 KB · Views: 97
  • STARTHING5.webp
    STARTHING5.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 90
That's a darn pretty whatzit! Have no ideas, but I like it!
 
Upvote 0
Indeed it's a rather nice piece. I'd be surprised if there were no makers mark. I'd categorize it as a Deco mid 20's-1930's flower pattern brooch. It would be neat to see it all restored, but I think it will be difficult to find a match online, due to the quantity of similar items out there. But if there were a makers mark?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's been suggested that this might be a bridle rosette.

Whether it is or not, I am very grateful for the help!

I've looked pretty hard to see any markings, anywhere. But, alas, either these tired eyes don't see it or maybe it was on the missing piece? Any idea where to look?

Thanks again!

HH!
 
Upvote 0
The more I look at this, and the more I research it, I become increasingly more convinced that it is a Art Nouveau filigree flower brooch.
 
Upvote 0
The more I look at this, and the more I research it, I become increasingly more convinced that it is a Art Nouveau filigree flower brooch.

Close enough for govt work. ;)

Thanks!

HH!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom