What's new

Ornate Brass from 1700s Housesite

BuckleBoy

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
18,159
Reaction score
9,723
Golden Thread
4
Location
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

My pal Rodeo Recon dug this piece at a very early site for our area of the U.S. The piece is flat, although bent by the plow. The back of it is plain, and the front has an ornate design. Patina and style seem to suggest a very early relic.

On one side, there is a hole. On the other side, there is the remains of an iron piece (hinge?) along the end. The piece does not appear to be broken, but it is difficult to tell.


Thank you for your help,


Buckleboy

KY 023.webp

KY 022.webp

KY 024.webp
 
possibly a corner piece to a steamer trunk ?
 
Upvote 0
mojjax said:
possibly a corner piece to a steamer trunk ?

I think that's a good guess. I went looking for the style--and found a similar style for some corner pieces. They usually seem to be one piece rather than hinged though.

I thought this one might be a furniture piece, but again it seems that the hinge pieces were made of brass too, with a brass pin in most cases--rather than an iron pin. :icon_scratch:

I'm pretty sure it's an iron pin--since there is some of the iron left. It wasn't just an iron nail laying beside the piece, I'm almost positive.
 
Upvote 0
Could be old icebox hardware,they had some pretty fancy parts..
 

Attachments

  • ice-box-sets-7.webp
    ice-box-sets-7.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom