XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think so. I have a Deus light and was planning to buy an extra Orx but stopped when i saw it only had 3 tones. Only 3 tones is for me a no no. Now they giving huge reductions on the light versions because the the Orx is replacing all the the Deus light versions.I bought a second Deus light version with the X35 coil that i didn't had.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ORX is primarily a gold nugget machine, but it also has two coin hunting programs and extra slots for you own custom programs. You can also use any of the X35 coils with it. It's lighter than the Deus. And a huge difference in price. And if you go with the wired headphones it's even less.

Last edited:

gravityboy

Jul 18, 2018
Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900Di
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Fors CoRe
Makro Racer 2
Nokta Simplex+
XP Deus
Minelab NOX 600
Minelab GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe you can get the Deus lite setup with either of the HF coils. So prices being about equal that's all I can think of. In terms of performance given all that you can program from the headphones now in the lite setup I don't see why someone in the USA would go for the ORX over the Deus lite with X35...but that's just opinion.

One thing I'm curious about - for someone with both an ORX and a full Deus can you program the coil on the ORX from the Deus controller and only use the ORX backphones with the coil like a "ORX lite"? Or does the ORX only work with the controller/phones? I'd assume any programming you did on the ORX coil from the Deus would be wiped by the ORX controller...not sure if that makes sense but my point would be if you owned both can one controller rule all coils?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the ORX do anything that the Deus can't do?

There is only one thing that ORX does that Deus does not an that is it enables ID NORM - ON even with the HF coils. On Deus, there is no ability to toggle ID NORM when using the HF coils, so they default always to OFF. On the ORX, there is no way to toggle ID NORM for any coil or mode, so ID NORM is ON by default (and cannot be changed) for both HF and the X35 coils. ID NORM is a mixed bag so whether having ID NORM - ON for all coils and modes is an advantage or disadvantage is up to the individual user's opinion of ID NORM in the first place.

HTH

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also has the Iron Probability.

OP
OP
HighPlainsHunter

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also has the Iron Probability.

Would that be similar to the left side of the Horseshoe?

Also, the Deus has a Conductivity bar on the screen. Could that also be used as an iron indicator, ie; little or no darkening of the bar may indicate more iron bias?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Horseshoe does not have a probability percentage. It is either ferrous or non-ferrous. The amount of black is target depth--small amount of black is deep target.

I would say the mineralization bar does not predict iron.

If you are trying to decide which detector to get, the Deus is superior and can be adjusted deeper, but conditions might not allow for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HighPlainsHunter

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Horseshoe does not have a probability percentage. It is either ferrous or non-ferrous. The amount of black is target depth--small amount of black is deep target. That makes sense.

I would say the mineralization bar does not predict iron. I wasn't referring to the Mineralisation Strength bar. I was talking about the Analog Scale of Target Conductivity bar.

If you are trying to decide which detector to get, the Deus is superior and can be adjusted deeper, but conditions might not allow for it.
I have both, and am trying to decide if there is a reason to keep the ORX.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also like the more visible pop up large font Target ID window.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The analog scale is just a visual "graph" of the target VID number. An "83" target is over on the right side.

Also shows where you have the notches set.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch this so you can decide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread