What's new

OT/ What is the best Recipe you guys have for getting rid of a skunk spray stench ??

BARKER

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
2,217
Reaction score
1,805
Golden Thread
0
Location
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I got sprayed. Tried "everything". NOTHING worked. I wreaked for weeks. I had to sleep in a tent outside it was so bad and I live in the City.!!! :dontknow: :laughing7:. True story. So now I want to know you guys secrets. I think this will help a lot of other Folks here as well.
Thanks. What say ye Folks ?? I await. PEACE:RONB :coffee2: :tongue3: :laughing7:
 
Sounds crazy, but tomato juice or canned tomatos or tomato paste...........used like soap.
I'm a country boy with plenty of those little critters runnin' around........it always worked on the household pets.............
 
Lol!! I've got it before too. Throw your clothes away. Then go to the creek with a bar of soap and scrub, scrub, scrub. Then the smell will go away a few days later. Most of what your smelling is stuck in your nose. I've heard people say to use tomato juice in a tub and soak in it. I don't know I kind of like the smell of skunk though...
 
I've used " Skunk off " on my Beagles. It's a shampoo for dogs. Works pretty good. I'd try it. I got it at the pet store.

HH RN
 
Wash in diesel fuel to get rid of the skunk smell, then wash in gasoline to get rid of the diesel, then wash in Dawn dish soap to get rid of the gasoline smell. Works like a charm.
 
Wash in diesel fuel to get rid of the skunk smell, then wash in gasoline to get rid of the diesel, then wash in Dawn dish soap to get rid of the gasoline smell. Works like a charm.


NO!NO! You might explode. Or have a really bad case of dermatitis.
 
Yup, send someone for gallons of tomato juice, enough so you can bathe in it. It will cut the smell down so you aren't gagging on it but you will need to use it over and over to really get rid of the smell.
 
the only thing I found that works well is nothing
 
Last edited:
Douche! I have several time on my dog who can't tell a cat from a skunk! Works well and is cheep.
If your embarrass to buy it just wear a cap and shades
 
Hydrogen peroxide with dawn dish soap. Try it ,it works.
 
Make them sleep in a tent outside. That will work...but not for you! :laughing7:

I thought I'd run a skunk over with my car when I was 17. That car smelled bad for weeks; blowing stink through the vents there was no fresh air.
 
On my permanent childhood record, telling little Joey Carlson to kick the dead skunk in the road. Really bad idea, as was laughing at him with the other kids as he sat naked and sobbing in his front yard in a tin wash tub full of tomato juice. Not much compassion in bored country kids.
 
What works real well is a shotgun blast to the head and they don't get a chance to stink then...I shoot everyone I get a chance at..hate them disease carrying bastages....:laughing7:
 
My self i think they are fun animal to watch .and to shoot one for no reason but hate makes no sense to me .But then myself i like all all wild life ,i like to watch and enjoy them all . My self i never found a good way to get rid of skunk smell fast all i ever did was wash that dumb dog of mine every day some times 3 times a day.with a different soap and about every thing that some talked about here .and none of the items worked fast it still took about a week to get rid of all the smell..
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom