Otter Creek Ok Gold

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The Otter Creek legend stems from a report that outlaws who had stolen a government payroll from Fort Sill were being pursued by cavalry. When they crossed Otter Creek, two miles south of Cold Springs, they buried their loot in the creek bank at a creek crossing. Legend has it that they were below the narrows, but to be below the narrows, they would have been seven miles south of Cold Springs. There is an old historic crossing on Otter Creek two miles below Cold Springs, but whether the loot is buried there or five miles down stream actually confuses the treasure hunters.

This also might be a great place to detect......
Camp Radzminski, on Otter creek, at the base of the Wichita mountains, was established September, 1858, and abandoned December 6, 1859; named in honor of 1st Lieut. Charles Radzminski, 2d Cavalry.

whiskeycellar

Greenie
Jul 27, 2006
S/W Okla
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 1906 atlas oklahoma terr. map Otter creek is about 5 miles east of Cold Springs. It is now called Glen creek. Where the old natural crossing was is probably under water now. They dammed Otter creek to make Tom Steed res. There is one other natural crossing below the dam but you have to get an ok from the state people to access it.
About Camp Radzminski there are several camps starting where Otter Creek meets North Fork of the Red River. I have found traces of two of them. I found the powder pit and lead pit of the two. I hav'nt been able to get permission to detect there yet but I'm working on it
Whiskeycellar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions