Our first silver but what the heck is it?

lliebsch

Jul 18, 2012
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Brooke has a Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well my daughter and I finally got our first silver! We went to a place where they were digging up the sidewalks and replacing them. This place was about 200 feet from a past US Presidents house. I got a good dime tone and my daughter began digging. Well she came up with this and we both got very excited of coarse we don't know what it is but it is silver. Any ideas? There is no place to put a chain and the back of it has a spot where it was like soldered to something else.

Attachments

• IMG_20120902_115541.jpg
    IMG_20120902_115541.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
lliebsch said:
Well my daughter and I finally got our first silver! We went to a place where they were digging up the sidewalks and replacing them. This place was about 200 feet from a past US Presidents house. I got a good dime tone and my daughter began digging. Well she came up with this and we both got very excited of coarse we don't know what it is but it is silver. Any ideas? There is no place to put a chain and the back of it has a spot where it was like soldered to something else.

Clean, show size, take picture of back and consider moving thread to what is it section.

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose it could have been a button - It seems a bit too nice for something that pedestrian- I'm thinking more like a cufflink .
Argentium.

OP
OP
lliebsch

lliebsch

Jul 18, 2012
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Brooke has a Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no markings on it. I tested it and it tested for positive for silver.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a close look at the center of the back side shows a spot that could have been where a button loop was once attached.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm calling it a cuff link. Cool find.............HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread