Our Fur Monsters

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Katya is a 6 year old female Siberian Husky (From a puppy-mill), we adopted her as a 6 week old puppy. She's crazy as can be, and has way too much engery. We can take her to the dog park watch her run for 3 hours straight, come home and she's ready for our two mile walk, then wants to run around the back yard after that. She's easy going and loves kids, she would make a great dog to take to children hospitals, in fact we are looking into it. She can be wild and crazy as heck, see a kid, then she becomes calm, slow, and deliberate in her movements, and allows them to hug, squeeze and love all over her with no issues. Then afterwards as we walk away from the child she goes bat crazy again. Oh and as a final note on her, she loves her little feline cohort, you can find them curled up with each other all the time. When he meows he sounds like a squeak toy, which makes her nudge him with her nose so he'll squeak.

Charlie is a 7 year old Alaskan Malamute/Siberian Husky mix we got him as a 2 year old surrender/rescue. His dad was Malamute and bit him in the face as a 4 week old puppy, his mother was Husky and died when he was 5 weeks old from Bloat. He was fostered around and finally brought back to the shelter. From the documents we got when we adopted him. he was needy, and couldn't be by himself for long or he freaked out. He wasn't very vocal or playful either at the time. He was on his last legs in the system per se, my wife saw a picture of him, fell in love with him and that was it, he came home with us. He's still here 5 years later as a permanent part of our household.

Well he's mouthy as heck now, loves to sing and argue just like Malamutes and Huskys should do, and can be goofy as heck. So needless to say he has come out of his shell. The only problems we have had with him is since Hurricane Michael he freaks out during thunder storms and when he hears fireworks. Plus he's really needy, he loves and wants attention all the time, he'll wake me up at night just so he can get patted and loved on. Oh and he loves women visitors, the more they dote on him the better. He's a flirt and a ladies man that is for sure.

Our dogs get fed pretty dang good. Besides their dry dog food, they get turkey, salmon, chicken, green beans, snap peas, peas, carrots, yams, etc. When we make our dinner, we make theirs. They'll eat their dry food when they are hungry with no problem, but they love their evening meal.

We wouldn't trade our Spoiled Monsters for anything in the world.

ETA: Had to edit their ages, I was one year off, so they are a year older than I originally put. Wife reminded me that's one of the reasons why I'm not trusted/allowed to do math.

20181215_201053.jpg

20181225_203445.jpg

20190807_160612.jpg

20190807_160625.jpg

20190429_231254.jpg

20190402_224701.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a major sinus infection and told the wife I was going to bed early. As soon as the word bed came out of my mouth I was ran over by both dogs and greeted with this.

20190902_202937.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread