Our home away from home...

picnic42

Feb 6, 2010
Frankfort, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Whites V3
this is the place that we have found so many chips and flakes and the occasional broken points. Sunday after all the rain and storms we went out to walk the fields... we found a couple of nice things and plenty more flakes.
As you see in some of the pics... a large scraped piece of land... the owner is doing that to use this fertile soil in other areas for landscaping. This scrape was full of flakes and chips. On top of the little hill I found a couple of nice pieces... broke but nice! In a couple of pics you can see I am working the sidewall of the scrape looking to see what level most of the artifacts are sitting in. I am trying to do it according to the different color layers... creating steps. So far... I am finding most in the highest layer just under the vegetation and laying on top of the ground. HOWEVER... the two broken points came from about 8 to 10 inches deep. (in the sidewall)
Since the ground has been scraped... I feel anything found on the top of the scraped surface could have come from any level... a real puzzle!
We posed with our metal detectors... we are searching an old homestead just over the hill.
:thumbsup:
I have taken a few more pics of a couple of things found on Sunday... more to come!
It was a beautiful day as you can see.
Ralph & Peggy too!

Attachments

• DSC08231.JPG
    DSC08231.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC08227.JPG
    DSC08227.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC08223.JPG
    DSC08223.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC08220.JPG
    DSC08220.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC08215.JPG
    DSC08215.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC08226.JPG
    DSC08226.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0
Ya'll are well on your way to haveing your mind blown!You are in the right place,to change your lives...It's just a matter of time frome here on out......Good luck...........Neo

Neogeo said:
Ya'll are well on your way to haveing your mind blown!You are in the right place,to change your lives...It's just a matter of time frome here on out......Good luck...........Neo

Thanks... and thanks for your help!
Ralph & Peggy

I like the dirt and you have a lovely partner that cares enough to spend her days with adventure.
Good luck sir.
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back