What's new

Hafted Blade? Resharpened heavily

knapper1492

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2025
Messages
37
Reaction score
111
Golden Thread
0
I posted a pic of this a short while back, but I wanted to include better pics and ask a question. From NE Illinois. The FreeBSD I got was this was possibly a woodland triangle. However from what I see, there is a clear haft line where the resharpening ended. They clearly sharpened this to a point where they could not sharpen anymore, hence the stack on one side. I am showing an image of where I think the haft was. Also the flaking is very nice, looks more of a resharpening than one of a woodland triangle. So, does this look more like a knife?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2069.webp
    IMG_2069.webp
    832.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2068.webp
    IMG_2068.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2067.webp
    IMG_2067.webp
    734.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2066.webp
    IMG_2066.webp
    697.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2065.webp
    IMG_2065.webp
    660.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2061.webp
    IMG_2061.webp
    863.7 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
My view, to me, it looks like the blade and tip of a knife, made of a Burlington variety.
When I expand the 3rd image, the chipping/flaking looks more like a break than knapping which would have been similar to the tip area if a larger triangle point. Possible a broken cobbs type.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom