Nov 26, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
GPX-4500
CTX-3030
Macro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It looks like it's getting a little chilly up there Ray!

I'd like to add, I always enjoy reading your posts Ray. Sharing your wisdom, attitude and your in-depth knowledge of prospecting, MD and of the of area! Very enlightening and refreshing! Every canyon and creek area up there is layered in history and… hidden by time.

Just like to say… Thank You!

----------------------------------------------------------

I have been picking around up in your neck of the woods a few times this year. Staying in the Motel in Lewiston and branching out from there in a few directions ~ spending some time up in back of the Washington Mine & French Gulch area and also way out behind the USFS HeliAttack Base ~ Normally I am usually searching out old claims with my GPS and studying the old USGS Surveys, looking around for old tailings piles mineralized out-cropping etc… looking for raw ore samples and interesting minerals. Been finding a little silver and a little gold back there along with a lot of lead and brass. I still have a list of spots on my list from when I lived up there in the late seventies that I'd like to revisit again with new gear.

Trinity Alps.jpg

Lewiston.jpg

Shasta 2013-11-10-11h49m53s204_2.jpg

Maybe next I am up there we can hook up and have a beer…

Merry Christmas to you and your family,

Gerard Ange'

Greg in NV.

Greenie
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Gerrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Even one piece makes for a good day! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done Ray. That ground sure does look cold, but the gold warms it right back up.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread