JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a few hours combing the lake that's partially drained for the winter. Went over the beaches carefully and slowly increased sensitivity to the max and reactivity to 1.5 on the D2. Was going low and slow squeaking out all the stuff less experienced people missed. Nothing to spectacular one good earing a neat huge titanium or stainless ring that has a cz or diamond in the band and oddly my favorite find of the day was a antique ring face that I think may have an example of ruby glass in it which is neat antique wise. All in all not too bad of a day and cleaned a ton of garbage from the beaches.

Attachments

• 20231206_171353.jpg
    20231206_171353.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
  • mir_20231206_181340.jpg
    mir_20231206_181340.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 55
  • mir_20231206_181559.jpg
    mir_20231206_181559.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 50
  • mir_20231206_181619.jpg
    mir_20231206_181619.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 49
  • mir_20231206_181645.jpg
    mir_20231206_181645.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 49
  • mir_20231206_174802.jpg
    mir_20231206_174802.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20231206_174624.jpg
    20231206_174624.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 20231206_175255.jpg
    20231206_175255.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 20231206_174946.jpg
    20231206_174946.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Upvote 28
Spent a few hours combing the lake that's partially drained for the winter. Went over the beaches carefully and slowly increased sensitivity to the max and reactivity to 1.5 on the D2. Was going low and slow squeaking out all the stuff less experienced people missed. Nothing to spectacular one good earing a neat huge titanium or stainless ring that has a cz or diamond in the band and oddly my favorite find of the day was a antique ring face that I think may have an example of ruby glass in it which is neat antique wise. All in all not too bad of a day and cleaned a ton of garbage from the beaches.
Nicely done John
Getting those stud earrings show that you're on the game for sure.
Have a diamond tester?

Glad to read that you have the D2 dialed in and thank you for sharing your settings.
Keep up the great work and congrats on your recoveries

Nicely done John
Getting those stud earrings show that you're on the game for sure.
Have a diamond tester?
I do but that is definitely not a diamond too big and its a Chinese earring nothing good comes of seeing a Chinese mark on jewelery lol. It a silver earring I think marks are hard to read

Glad to read that you have the D2 dialed in and thank you for sharing your settings.
Keep up the great work and congrats on your recoveries
Took a little time but understand the settings enough to change them on the fly as I feel needed definitely helps once you understand the machine and a program you like you can tweak as you need

I believe the ‘LΛ’ mark on your ring is for L.A. Gem and Jewelry Design Inc of Los Angeles, trading as LA Rocks (founded in 2002) and that the ‘CN’ mark denotes Chinese manufacture. Much of their jewellery is in sterling silver, marked ‘925’, but they also manufacture in stainless steel. Not sure if titanium is among their offerings but they sell under a number of sub-brands using various materials.

The mark is usually a stylised version of ‘LA’ as in these pictures:

LACN.jpg

They use natural stones and cubic zirconia, but I believe the only diamonds they use are ‘Allure’ diamonds which are inexpensive lab-grown synthetic equivalents.

I believe the ‘LΛ’ mark on your ring is for L.A. Gem and Jewelry Design Inc of Los Angeles, trading as LA Rocks (founded in 2002) and that the ‘CN’ mark denotes Chinese manufacture. Much of their jewellery is in sterling silver, marked ‘925’, but they also manufacture in stainless steel. Not sure if titanium is among their offerings but they sell under a number of sub-brands using various materials.

The mark is usually a stylised version of ‘LA’ as in these pictures:

View attachment 2119094

They use natural stones and cubic zirconia, but I believe the only diamonds they use are ‘Allure’ diamonds which are inexpensive lab-grown synthetic equivalents.
Thank you for the info. Yeah I was sure it'd be junk regardless because it's just stainless and not precious metal. But I always enjoy finding rings regardless

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Don't rule out stainless, tungsten or titanium rings with stones as not having real stones, I just talked to a guy who is having an engagement ring made up from titanium with diamonds in it. I would never do that but the younger generation use stainless, tungsten and titanium as wedding rings now.

Don't rule out stainless, tungsten or titanium rings with stones as not having real stones, I just talked to a guy who is having an engagement ring made up from titanium with diamonds in it. I would never do that but the younger generation use stainless, tungsten and titanium as wedding rings now.
I'll keep it in mind but pretty sure this is just some little junky stone

great finds for sure. Just to throw in my 2 cents while I'm here.... I'll be the first to say that I'm against everything being made in china these days, but I would like point out that just because a piece of jewelry has a CN (china) marking or a trade mark for a chinese manufacturer, don't automatically write it off as junk. In my job I see a lot of chinese made jewelry and some of it is actually really well made and quite expensive. So, for those people who happen to find some, do some research on it before quickly considering it to be junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back