What's new

Out in Utah

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We go out here every year to a BLM campground about 15 miles NW of Moab. Nice out of the way campground, no water, no electric, but toilets, picnic tables, fire rings. Centrally located to all the areas I care to check out. Generally kind of a one night option for folks who can't get in to the more popular places. BLM has raised the price from $20 to $25, so now I pay $12.50 a night. This is a high desert plateau, so sometimes a little rain which dries up pretty quick. Rained every day on us and Thursday it came an actual thunderstorm and we got close to an inch, which I haven't seen before here, but we stayed high and dry.
6-5aaaa.webp
6-5bbbb.webp
6-5cccc.webp
6-5dddd.webp
6-6ssss.webp
 
Once I was at a mine Lasal south of Moab and a big wind whipping rain storm came blasting in. It was absolutely gale force winds and stinging rain just about blowing away everything that was tied down. One of the entry doors of the building we were in kept blowing open and we couldn't get it to stay shut. The old metal building we were in was flapping and creaking like it was ready to collapse.
 
Utah still is on the top shelf of some of the most beautiful places that I traveled through.
 
We just spent two weeks in the Kanab area. Amazing country out there. We’ll definitely be going back.
 
I've lived in northern Utah for over thirty years now and I've been down to Southern Utah only a few times. Which I hope to correct going forward. Last year, with my step-son, we spent a week exploring the Canyons outside of Moab. Just beautiful beyond words. I've thought more than once about moving to Moab.
 
Bout the same type storm we had come through, TR. We had a group camp set up above us and they had those $39 wallyworld tents and those folks got completely swamped. Those are fine for pleasant weather. They wrung ever thing out, broke camp and went home. I felt sorry for them, but hey, they were old folks, probably in their 60's. They should have stuck with a daytime picnic with the grandkids I guess. This ain't no country for old folks at times, but glad they got to get out for awhile.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom