Out of Commision for the Next 6 to 8 Weeks!

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well my last hunt is in the books for the next few months. Since I got sick in April I have hunted 4 times. Although not a lot of headphone time, it was quite productive with some of my best finds. I will be spending the next 6 to 8 weeks getting my Pillaging fix from the forums. I wish all you guys good luck and please post plenty of photo's and story's to keep me entertained. Maybe a poll on the best PI machine or something.

Here is a shot of the good stuff from the last 4 hunts, minus the 32 gram 14K bracelet, it is at the jewelers getting a new clasp and cleaned up better than I could do. Yes I will be wearing that piece.

The big ring with the diamonds is 14K, everything else is 18K or Platinum.

Attachments

• Last 4 Hunts.JPG
    Last 4 Hunts.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
I hope all goes well and your back out sooner than you think to plunder the beach again. I will be missing the finds you have here they are some of the best here. Good luck to you onthespot!

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know about that, but you did great with what you found, you can bet some wont even come close to what you found all season, get well soon Capt.

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get well soon, you're going to be swinging a PI in your sleep for that length a time out!!:hello:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Sorry to read that you will not be out there for a few months, onthespot; I wish you a speedy recovery, and hope to see you posting treasures in a few months when you are fully recoverd

Congrats on the rings , gold coin, and 14 K bracelet!

Take care

Lorraine

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6-8 weeks.......! man!,pi machines are rough on a person!
chuck.

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
I've been hunting at least 20 times since April and haven't scored anywhere near your loot. Get well soon and thanks for sharing all your hunts.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it's not to serious get well soon and do some research in the mean time.

OP
OP
onthespot

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Hope it's not to serious get well soon and do some research in the mean time.

Hey Jonnie, at the beginning of April, after a awesome beach hunt, I got rushed to the hospital with internal bleeding. I got diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma, Kidney Cancer. I have a tumor that is encased in my right kidney, they will be going in and removing about half of my right kidney. After that I should be fine.

I see you run charters. I got my 6 pack in 95, and started running charters full time in 97 from St. Pete to Charlotte Harbor. I fished my last charter in 2000, and took a Corp.Captain job until 2004. I really miss being on the water every day. When I move back next year, we will have to go fishing.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get well soon! Going to be a lot of goodies out there piling up just waiting on you. :icon_thumleft:

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jonnie, at the beginning of April, after a awesome beach hunt, I got rushed to the hospital with internal bleeding. I got diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma, Kidney Cancer. I have a tumor that is encased in my right kidney, they will be going in and removing about half of my right kidney. After that I should be fine.

I see you run charters. I got my 6 pack in 95, and started running charters full time in 97 from St. Pete to Charlotte Harbor. I fished my last charter in 2000, and took a Corp.Captain job until 2004. I really miss being on the water every day. When I move back next year, we will have to go fishing.
Been doing it here in Sarasota since 74 , would love to get you out give me a pm as soon as you get well.
jonnie

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
U think life is tough on u. Then u read a post such as yours and realize how selfish my feelings are. I pray for your quick recovery and return to the playground he has blessed all of us with.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear this, hang in there onthespot, best wishes and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions