Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday AM I drove up to a small town about 20 minutes away just to see what was there and prospecting a little. Got there just at daylight and talked to an early morning jogger for a minute. Was advised that there were two guys who detected in the park I was looking at nearly every day. I was there so what the heck. Took my GTI 2500 this trip. Went over the edges of the soccer fields and found very few coins, just a few clad pennies. After abouit an hour I decided to leave but saw a restroom near the entrance that had a nice grassy slope leading into the doorways. On a hunch I jumped out and began searching along the grassy strips and sidewalk. I recovered 5 quarters, six dimes, two nickels and 11 cents in about thirty minutes! It was all clad but I didn't go home skunked! Another tip for a place to coin shoot. Check out those public restrooms or the grounds and sidewalks leading to them! JIM

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jim,

Happy to see your getting out, it seems you have found a good place to coin shoot. Your hunts sound kind of like mine, we find good places to hunt but yield very little clad and thats about it. Still having fun at the same time!

Keep @ it and HH!!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
JakePhelps said:
People must drop their coins running to the bathrooms :D
If they're dropping coins on the way to the restrooms then that means they are already dropping "trou" which means "Don't look Ethel"

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found most of the clad on the side that has the womens bathroom. Go figure? Was going to run up to the highschool today but found out they were resurfacing the road and I couldn't get within 3 blocks of it! JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions