Found a detector......

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
....In the mail ;D

Got my Cobra Underwater Detector today, also got the Automax Precision V2 Pinpointer.

Couple of Questions ???

Is it me or the big coil, cause whenever i try to find a target my holes end up the size of dinnerplates ::)

Also what do you get for depth with the pinpointer, by depth i mean how far away from the metal does it beep?

All in all though i think the cobra is a good detector. Tommarow i will try it underwater and see what i can find ;D

Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Don't know the answer about your detector, but I have the Automax V2. I set it on vibrate mode and it usually picks targets up about 1 1/2 - 2".

Anxious to hear how your new tector works in the water.

HH 8) surfrat

da Hobo

May 6, 2005
Northern Illinois
Jake, good choice on that Automax. :) ?Depending on how close you set the adjuster knob I find that my Automax will beep at about 1 1/2 inches but that's a push.

The thing I like about that probe is that it will detect at the tip AND up along the shaft a fair distance so on swallow targets I can hold it flat to the ground and many times sweep it over a target and get a beep dead center and retrieve my find with a simple screwdriver or flip of my digger.

Do be warned though and I suspect you have found out already . . . . the shaft is NOT a pry bar!! ?It's fragile and may break if you get too wild with it. ?Also do not forget to turn it off or you will be replacing batteries pretty often. ?Leaving it on is easy to do.

Hobo

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Take the warning seriously about the V2 not being a pry bar! I just snapped mine in half a couple of weeks ago!!! No wires were broken, so I'm hoping to crazy glue it together and tape it up good.

vicki

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I am vary carefull with all my gear and stuff. The only digging tool I have ever used is a $1.99 trowel from wal mart lol, i dont think i need a pry bar :D Is the tip of the pinponter really waterproof ???

L

labnewbie

Hi good luck with the cobra..the water is sooo much fun in the summer.The V@ is not water proof! take it from me lol.If your going to probe underwater the vibra-probe is 100% water proof.

HH newbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread