crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening everyone. I was out today scouting some new places to hunt. This one particular place that I pass all of the time makes me look and say, " Boy, I would like to hunt that place"!!. Well today as I was driving by the farmer who owns the place was out in the field burning left over branches from the tough winter we had. I stopped, introduced myself and popped the magic question to him. He said, sure. The people who had lived there just moved out recently so he must be renting it. He lives within eyesight of the house. He said it was built in 1887. First of all, this place has a tombstone in front of the house. I can't read it all but is says something about an infant :o A little spooky to me. I hope it wasn't burried there. I tried to read the date but the toombstone is burried too deep and I don't want to disturb it. The old barn is gone and some newer buildings were in the background. I hunted for about 3 hours and came up with a handfull of wheat's (oldest being 1919 up until 1957) Found a toasted Indian and my very first barber dime. Also found some more modern clad. I was happy with just that alone. A quick wipe with the hand and it was as good as the day it was dropped. I have been busy driving around scouting new place and have quite a few on the OK list. So I will be busy this year swinging away. Thanks for looking. Ron

129.jpg

132.jpg

130.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

139.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

131.jpg

Upvote 0
the headstone is spooky but your bragging is ok :D

You've got that right....The place's you've got already this year might roll into next year :thumbsup: Congrat's Ron....Too many Site's to keep track of :thumbsup:

Congrats on the great hunting spot & your first Barber dime Ron. Great job. :thumbsup:
By the looks of that yard you will be gridding it off for a long time. Looking forward to seeing your next post.
-MM-

Good evening Ron my bud, congratulations on that barber, it's a beauty. There's gotta be a few more around or atleast I hope there is, Looks like a nice place to find some more goodies! Your scouting is really paying off, good luck to you the next time out!

Ron, you've got so many good sites to detect. The possibilities and finds are endless! ::)

That's another really old home that just cries, "Detect Me"!

Congrats on your first Barbie!! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Captn_SE said:
Ron, you've got so many good sites to detect. The possibilities and finds are endless! ::)

That's another really old home that just cries, "Detect Me"!

Congrats on your first Barbie!! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan. I may be going here soon. The grandson came over today while we were detecting the farm across the street and he said his Grandfather probably won't mind us hunting it too. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Picture1141.jpg

ModernMiner said:
Congrats on the great hunting spot & your first Barber dime Ron. Great job. :thumbsup:
By the looks of that yard you will be gridding it off for a long time. Looking forward to seeing your next post.
-MM-

Thanks Doug

Awesome finds! keep it up. looks like you have some awesome sites to hunt!

Wow...both those places look awesome!! You sure find the most awesome homes to detect around!

Looks like your good at it too!! Nice finds and sweet looking house!! Have a date on your Indian?

Nice Barber. Congrats on the first. I'm sure there'll be many more. Enjoy the quest.

Bob

Ron,

You've got some great looking sites to detect. Good luck with them. Nice Barber, too. My first one is still waiting for me somewhere. :wink:

Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to all your finds.

HH,

Dr. Ace

Nice barber and good luck on that new site.

Wow, that's some cool digs there. The one you've detected looks awesome and the other one looks even better. Good luck on the permission. I haven't been detecting since we last got out in the snow. I have been concentrating on privy digging lately. We'll be digging at an 1879 place in Dayton this Sunday. Keep your eyes out for a new dig story. I'd love to do a privy dig at an old place in town up there(hint, hint). Check out the latest news at www.daytondigger.com Congrats on the Barber dime and keep on diggin'!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back