Out with the D2 today

Magic-one

Jun 14, 2010
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites V3
Well, I just got my D2 back from Whites yesterday and I tried it out a little last night but not enough. So I decided to give it a good shot today. The heat index is over 100 here but I wanted to go anyway. I talked with a new friend today and he gave me some new info about a park that I had been to in the past that I didn't know. (Thanks again Jack for the info!)

I made a few stupid moves today in my excitement wanting to get out. First, I forgot to bring water and second, I left my ear buds at home. (I use them in hot weather sometimes) I was out there for two hours and I started feeling sick so I thought it best to call it a day and maybe go back tonight when its cooler. BUT.... While I was there, I managed to score this nice 1905 Barber quarter first thing right off the bat. It was about 7 inches deep Then I found an old wrench and then a merc!...1941. It was only about 5 inches but close to a nail. Then I got a aluminum cross at about three inches and a bic lighter that was on top of the ground. Got three wheats and some clad and that's when I started feeling sick. Decided to quit but being hooked like I am I just detected back to my truck not really overlapping my swings and got lucky and found a 1950 rosie at 5 inches! Nice afternoon hunt except for the sickness... Going to take a nap now and see how I feel later about getting out again!
Thanks for looking!

DSCF0005-6.jpg

DSCF0001-5.jpg

Upvote 0
the d2 goes deep .. nice finds with the stocker

Nice finds! That barber and the cross are really cool.

nice ! nice ! got my first barber ever this year what a hunt . silver is great when it comes in bunches.

Nice 1 nice! Got my first barber quarter this year myself . That is why I try to get out as much as I can . That is a great hunt . I know what you mean by this heat . Cannot wait til September I will be out every day til the snow flies then. I try to go close to home and start my hunts at about 6: 00 pm and hunt under big trees in this weather . nice silvers and nice cross . nothing like a multi silver day awsome finds . wheats are sweet also.good hunting . Rob :coffee2:

Some nice silver there Magic. I seem to get better depth with the stock coil with my soil conditions so I like to use the D2 after I hit a site with the stock coil. D2 is great at finding the goodies close to the junk without loosing too much depth.

Stay hydrated man. Hate to see you go down for the count !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back