Out with the new!!

Willy

In with the old!! Just finished the S-rod mod on my X-100 Challenger.. gonna kick some serious beehind now! Just in case you don't know (or don't care) I'll give you the stats on this old beauty: motion disc.,TR disc., motion TR disc., all-metal autotune, non-motion all-metal, switchable 2 or 4 ground filters, variable (width and position) notch filter (accept or reject), Disc. sensitivity, front end power control, threshold, tone adjust, multi-tone ID,depth reading, manual GB. Now tell me folks, how many of today's detectors could match all that? It also operates at 13.77 Khz and could give the MXT a run for it's money on small gold. So folks, especially you newbies out there, don't discount the older detectors.. you can buy them for a song and do some serious detecting. ..Willy. BTW.. A big THANK YOU to John for the S-rods.

Attachments

• CIMG1856.JPG
    CIMG1856.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 1,214
  • CIMG1855.JPG
    CIMG1855.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 960
  • CIMG1854.JPG
    CIMG1854.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 927

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a real bute - - - breathing life back into an older machine! Congrats...well done!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Willy.

I know this is going to be asked so I'd best do it...what sort of depth does that rig get on coin sized targets? That's one model I never owned myself.

Right now I'm settled on the Nautilus IIB but since I don't worship any brand I'm always looking. Ever compare it to the Naughty?

Give us as much as you can on this machine. And too, I'm sure many who don't have the money for our latest machines would really appreciate it.

Badger

OP
OP
W

Willy

I can compare it to the MXT, but only on something that's lying on the ground. I would say that anything the MXT could see, the X-100 could. About the only real advantage that the MXT has over the stock X-100 is ground tracking and lighter weight/better ergonomics. The X-100 is much better for coin hunting or for those that like tone ID. Judging from responses I'd received to other posted queries on the X-100, it's known as a deep seeker and a lot of people used them for gold prospecting. ...Willy.

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
Well said Willy. I can't say that I have seen too many of those older machines but they have proven
themselves in the trenches.

Gary

Sal

Sep 17, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
dfx-eagle 2 sl-troy x 5-newforce r 1-6000 xl pro- tejon-cz 6a- shadow x 5 xp deus explorer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish i would have seen this before i sold the old x100

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me know when you find sum-then 6 foot deep with it....
It must be a box loop on a stick
five pounds must be vacuum tubed

liftloop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread