Outlaw Great Job At Old Iron Infested House Sites

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Just going to confirm how well the Outlaw does at older sites with a lot of pieces of iron trash in the ground. One of the older areas I go to has a grip of iron trash all around the area is from the late 1800 through today. ( an old Oil Boom town ) A lot of the house's have been tore down and bulldozed. Years ago before modern regulation requirements they just dug a hole and pushed the home into the hole and covered it, these house sites are a nightmare for detectors.The outlaw with the 7" wide scan DD did a very respectable job in this iron trash area better than some other detectors I have hunted this area with over the years. It did pull 6 Wheat's dating in the 1950's and several pennies from the sixties some nickels and dimes more modern from the 1970 & 1980 and old cooper items little valves and fittings. Also as normal it pulled out a lot of the normal trash items associated with these kinds of sites.

The Outlaw pulled several small pieces of brass and other metals out of the sites as well. It really surprises me sometimes how we'll the Outlaw does on small items.

I give the Outlaw a big
thumbup.gif
for it's over all performance. It runs smooth steady and pretty stable considering the amounts of small iron trash I was hunting in. You could hear it disking the iron out while sweeping the coil. I find working it slower and steady is when you get the good tone between the iron trash pieces. I dug several targets with pieces of iron trash in the same hole, not bad at all.

Happy Hunting To All,
mds.gif

Bill G

Attachments

• Outlaw Detector.JPG
    Outlaw Detector.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 7 DD Wide Scan Coil.JPG
    7 DD Wide Scan Coil.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 75

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking set up, and hows about that sweet sound from the Outlaw when its over a coin , no mistaking that sound.
Peace and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread