jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
So this weekend I went with my wife to a flea market (way too cold btw) and to the local GW. At the flea market I had an infuriating jewelry encounter. The woman at her booth asked if I wanted to look at her bins of jewelry and I agreed. I picked out a pile of jewelry that would have been a huge score (plenty of 14k). She then tells me to put back 60% of it because it is "not all for sale", whatever that means. This turned the pile into a mediocre score if I can get it for my usual couple bucks. Then we start negotiating and after that happened my pile turned into a "lukewarm deal" when she charged me way more than I am used to paying.

We go to the GW next and my wife hits the clothing racks while I browse housewares and records. My wife ends up buying 3 pairs of designer jeans and a pair of designer heels for under $15 total. Turns out her pile of clothes is SELLING for $150 total (in used condition) on ebay! Looks like I found an untapped resource.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
A "resource" with benefits! Mine has also stopped me from purchasing useless items in the past. "Cheaper to keep her" gets another boost. ;)

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
SEANO said:
A "resource" with benefits! Mine has also stopped me from purchasing useless items in the past. "Cheaper to keep her" gets another boost. ;)

Lol, I meant the clothing section at GW!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jerseyben said:
So this weekend I went with my wife to a flea market (way too cold btw) and to the local GW. At the flea market I had an infuriating jewelry encounter. The woman at her booth asked if I wanted to look at her bins of jewelry and I agreed. I picked out a pile of jewelry that would have been a huge score (plenty of 14k). She then tells me to put back 60% of it because it is "not all for sale", whatever that means. This turned the pile into a mediocre score if I can get it for my usual couple bucks. Then we start negotiating and after that happened my pile turned into a "lukewarm deal" when she charged me way more than I am used to paying.
I would have put it all back when she said put back 60% and told her to find someone else to sort it for her.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread