over $8,000 in halves searched total last month....

BIGmintmark said:
Got a big grand total of 16 40% and 1 90%. WOW :angry5: :angry5:

I do that many in a week and often walk away with less. Keep at it. You just need the coin gremlins to grab the right box.

It might seem like a lot of work. But look at what you have now..:) More than before.

I have gone through many boxes with nothing and then a box comes along and BINGO!!! It all depends on how much time you are willing to spend on this addiction. Your score is better than I have had in many cases, so don't get upset. We have all been there..:)

Gary

Keep at it. I have gone through some rough patch's. But it comes back around for a little more. A little here and there adds up.

HH Dave

I would have loved to have totals like that last summer when I worked through a 33 box skunk streak. In fact, I had so many skunks that I quit counting at 33 boxes.

I work 4 boxes a week too, and most months I don't even find as much as you did.

I recommend that you find happiness in the 17 silver finds, or just find a new hobby.

Well, RATS! Look at it this way, you're that much closer to the BIG HIT.

Yesterday I sorted my first $500 box of halves and found ten 40%'s and one 90%. I thought, "WOW, I see why halves are so popular!" Th-e-n-n-n, I started on my second box. NOTHING after the first 30 rolls. Pondered that and decided the reason for the skunking was sorting the second box in my basement workshop instead of my easy chair upstairs as I had done with the first box. So, I moved the operation back to the easy chair. Evidently the Ag halves didn't get the memo about sorting now taking place in the lucky easy chair.

Explained to wife what seemed to me to be the perfect logic of moving back to the easy chair. :dontknow: In return, I get eyes rolling, head shaking, and recommendation that my addiction, I, and the pound hound consider taking up permanent residence in the basement. :icon_scratch: Now, I have to decide whether to change half dollar suppliers, get rid of the wife, get rid of the easy chair, or a combination of the three. This addiction is turning into more than I bargained for!

P.S. The workshop and pound hound are definite keepers. ;D

My Wife said that if I go coin Roll Hunting one more time she will leave me. Damn I'll miss her.

HH Dave

Recently took a month off from halves b/c they were frustrating me....seeing orange R's and black slash marks in my sleep. Picked up $10 of halves last Saturday "just to see".... 1 '64 Ken, 1 '67 and a 2002 s proof. Felt lucky so got $1000 of halves from "my" bank yesterday. Totaled out with a '64 Ken, '50 Ben, '57 Ben, 3 '67s, 2 '68s and a '66. Just keep on hunting, it will show back up and NOTHING beats that 90% rim shining at you out of a roll of marked coins!

HH !

That is not bad, I am on a 34 box skunk streak as we speak. Picking up 10 boxes total tomorrow from four different banks, keeping my fingers crossed.

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back