Over the weekend...

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a few spots in town...some old curbside grass areas, older lands near Lake Michigan, a park or two. Quite a eclectic variety. 2 Merc's ('41, '43), some clad including strangely 2 Canadian dimes, a grade school friendship ring, beer tab from way back, and a Les Terribles pin. Upon researching the pin, I find it to be the coat of arms of the 127th Infantry (see pic).

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

DSC07073.JPG127_Inf_Rgt_DUI.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7
CAN YOU SAY COIN STAR , NEXT.

Nice to see Sheboygan still giving silver to you. Keep up the great finds... Congrats!!!

Does your 5cent token feel like an Indian Head penny? The one I found did..... Nice find....

Nice! Your Abrahams token was made by the C. H. Hanson company of Chicago in the approximate timeframe of 1893-1908. Their marketing area included nearly the whole US and most of these tokens were "mavericks" i.e. without town and state. I'll be looking to see if I can find anything on J. H. Abrahams.
John in the Great 208

Found it! J. H. Abrahams is listed in the 1891-92 Wisconsin State Gazetteer as having a saloon in Sheboygan. The 1880 Census for Sheboygan shows a John Abrahams as a hotel keeper. He died before the 1895 Census as his wife is shown as a widow. I suspect his full name was John Henry Abrahams because their son was named Henry. Here's a picture of his hotel I snitched from an 1878 Historical Atlas of Wisconsin. It apparently is public domain.
John in the Great 208Abrahamshotel.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back