Owners of bounty hunter tracker iv

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey if your an owner of a bounty hunter tracker iv I wanna know what you have found with this detector in the past couple of months or years. And also leave what type if mode you go in when you go to the totlots and just regular grassy parks. Thank you! Also include if you found any gold rings! I just wanna see if I got the right detector for the job! And also feel free to leave reviews of the detector itself thank you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I have one and it was my first detector. I KILL clad with it. I have dug more junk with it that I care to count, but that was while I was just learning the tones. Nails, pull tabs, beer cans, pie shells (more than 20 inches deep), dog tags, wire, tokens, foil, aluminum pieces, cell phones, drill bits, Blah, Blah, Blah.... you get the point. It will find cool stuff if you are in the right places. I really hate foil as it sounds just like gold tones. :BangHead: I have had mine for 3 months and I have dug HUNDREDS of targets but no gold or silver yet but it is going to happen. You can log onto Hobby Lobby's website and download a 40% off coupon and buy the Tracker IV for around $74 after the coupon. I strongly suggest you getting one if you are hunting with the BH Junior. I just got my upgraded machine, a Teknetics Eurotek Pro and I cant wait to use it. I painted my BH Tracker IV pink camo for my wife and now she owns it. Great machine for the money. Use the "tone" mode and set your sensitivity as high as possible and descrimination at ten o'clock and get detecting!

I have one and it was my first detector. I KILL clad with it. I have dug more junk with it that I care to count, but that was while I was just learning the tones. Nails, pull tabs, beer cans, pie shells (more than 20 inches deep), dog tags, wire, tokens, foil, aluminum pieces, cell phones, drill bits, Blah, Blah, Blah.... you get the point. It will find cool stuff if you are in the right places. I really hate foil as it sounds just like gold tones. :BangHead: I have had mine for 3 months and I have dug HUNDREDS of targets but no gold or silver yet but it is going to happen. You can log onto Hobby Lobby's website and download a 40% off coupon and buy the Tracker IV for around $74 after the coupon. I strongly suggest you getting one if you are hunting with the BH Junior. I just got my upgraded machine, a Teknetics Eurotek Pro and I cant wait to use it. I painted my BH Tracker IV pink camo for my wife and now she owns it. Great machine for the money. Use the "tone" mode and set your sensitivity as high as possible and descrimination at ten o'clock and get detecting!

If you put it on tone mode and high sensitivity and discrimination at 10oclock could you still find the gold and silver? Along with the trash? What type of metal can be detected with the tone mode?

All metal can be detected with it on tone mode. The tones for junk arent solid like a coin or gold (or foil). I took my wifes wedding ring, a silver ring, penny, nickel, daime, quarter, half-dollar and placed it on the ground and listened closely to the noise the detector made for each item. Broken tones that warble generally are "junk". you will learn quickly what to listen for. Some people will tell you to dig every target and I can agree with that statement unless you are in an area that is full of junk, like my yard was. I could have dug THOUSANDS of roofing nails if I dug every target. Like with any metal detector, time and use will make you understand what the detector is trying to tell you.

All metal can be detected with it on tone mode. The tones for junk arent solid like a coin or gold (or foil). I took my wifes wedding ring, a silver ring, penny, nickel, daime, quarter, half-dollar and placed it on the ground and listened closely to the noise the detector made for each item. Broken tones that warble generally are "junk". you will learn quickly what to listen for. Some people will tell you to dig every target and I can agree with that statement unless you are in an area that is full of junk, like my yard was. I could have dug THOUSANDS of roofing nails if I dug every target. Like with any metal detector, time and use will make you understand what the detector is trying to tell you.

Great to know I shall use it in tone mode! Thank you! :) oh and one more question. How much depth do you get? :)

I can count on 5-6 inches for clad sized targets. I found tin pie plates at 20+ inches but that was when I was just learning the detector and learning how to "size" the target with the detector.

I can count on 5-6 inches for clad sized targets. I found tin pie plates at 20+ inches but that was when I was just learning the detector and learning how to "size" the target with the detector.

Okay thanks! I can't wUt for the snow to melt so I can use the tone mode !

the older anolog type processor in the tracker IV can still be quite useful -- get the dual knob type power /sen --discrimate with the 3 position toggle switch model if possible * -- you will have 3 modes to operate in ----#1 "all metal" --which is just that (best depth but "0" sorting of metals) --it hits on all metals with 1 tone only #2 tone mode --different sounds for different metals--it tries to sort out small iron items somewhat (like nails) but still rings up "all metals" but gives different tones (high middle , low sounds ) #3 is discrimate tone where you set the cut off level of detection via adjusting it thru moving the discrimate knob upwards (to find less metals or downward more metals --there is a range low to high -- iron , aluminum /gold (very close) nickel . copper /zinc , and silver at the high end --iron is normally low sound (grunty sound) mid tone is for gold .nickles and aluminum and high tone (like a sharp ping ) is normall copper and silver (coins)---to set for gold hunting --use the disc mode get a nickel oir gold item and a pulltab --place them on the ground and adjust upwards disc wize until the pulltab "drops out" of detection -- now check with the nickel /gold item if it rings up good to go if not --very slowly low the disc until it does -- now put the tab back down --the tab should sound crackly or popish while the good item should sound sharp "ping" --listen carefully

I have hit copper cents (1982 and earlier) and clad modern dimes as deep as 8 inches with a tracker IV here in florida.

if your ground has a lot of minerals or you are close working to power lines it can mess with the detector's electronic feild it uses to detect things --so you will have to lower the power /sen settings to make it less sensitive --this will drop your detection depth but it will now be usible instead of "beep -beep-beep" non stop.

Last edited:
the older anolog type processor in the tracker IV can still be quite useful -- get the dual knob type power /sen --discrimate with the 3 position toggle switch model if possible * -- you will have 3 modes to operate in ----#1 "all metal" --which is just that (best depth but "0" sorting of metals) --it hits on all metals with 1 tone only #2 tone mode --different sounds for different metals--it tries to sort out small iron items somewhat (like nails) but still rings up "all metals" but gives different tones (high middle , low sounds ) #3 is discrimate tone where you set the cut off level of detection via adjusting it thru moving the discrimate knob upwards (to find less metals or downward more metals --there is a range low to high -- iron , aluminum /gold (very close) nickel . copper /zinc , and silver at the high end --iron is normally low sound (grunty sound) mid tone is for gold .nickles and aluminum and high tone (like a sharp ping ) is normall copper and silver (coins)---to set for gold hunting --use the disc mode get a nickel oir gold item and a pulltab --place them on the ground and adjust upwards disc wize until the pulltab "drops out" of detection -- now check with the nickel /gold item if it rings up good to go if not --very slowly low the disc until it does -- now put the tab back down --the tab should sound crackly or popish while the good item should sound sharp "ping" --listen carefully I have hit copper cents (1982 and earlier) and clad modern dimes as deep as 8 inches with a tracker IV here in florida. if your ground has a lot of minerals or you are close working to power lines it can mess with the detector's electronic feild it uses to detect things --so you will have to lower the power /sen settings to make it less sensitive --this will drop your detection depth but it will now be usible instead of "beep -beep-beep" non stop.

Thanks for the good advice will definetly use it! :)

I have logged a lot of hours on mine I have found silver 3 of them and many other quality coins mostly parks I've found that fresh batteries do much better and the less discrimination you use the better your depth will be I've loved mine it's my sons now and does great

I have logged a lot of hours on mine I have found silver 3 of them and many other quality coins mostly parks I've found that fresh batteries do much better and the less discrimination you use the better your depth will be I've loved mine it's my sons now and does great

So you can find silver with it?

So you can find silver with it? Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
oh definitely all detectors get silver it's a matter of how deep and some you can pic and choose what you dig more accurately (notching out certain metals such as iron)
Gold is the elusive one

gold is tough --since it is so close aluminum in the electro conductivity range --the key to breaking them apart detecting wise --- is to have your discrimantion set properly and listening closely -- gold and nickles will have a clean ,crisp ping while aluminum if it hits should sound crackly or broken up .

oh definitely all detectors get silver it's a matter of how deep and some you can pic and choose what you dig more accurately (notching out certain metals such as iron) Gold is the elusive one

Oh okay how far can the tracker iv detect gold and silver?

gold is tough --since it is so close aluminum in the electro conductivity range --the key to breaking them apart detecting wise --- is to have your discrimantion set properly and listening closely -- gold and nickles will have a clean ,crisp ping while aluminum if it hits should sound crackly or broken up .

Okay :) what about silver how far can it detect?

I'll do an air test right now and get back to you

Okay thank you! :) but doesn't the silver coins have a hall in the ground?

Okay thank you! :) but doesn't the silver coins have a hall in the ground? Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
it won't be precise but I've got three feet of snow it'll have to do I got a merc dime at4 in quarter at 5 half doller 5 and dollar a solid 6& a half in could almost say seven that was zero discrimination all metal could prob do better with fresh battery's

it won't be precise but I've got three feet of snow it'll have to do I got a merc dime at4 in quarter at 5 half doller 5 and dollar a solid 6& a half in could almost say seven that was zero discrimination all metal could prob do better with fresh battery's

Sounds good thank you

What if you put it in the tone mode? And are most silver coins found at 4"? Than you! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back