What's new

Oxbow Points

Saskhunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
22
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Show me your high plains points
 

Attachments

  • 2014-06-21 11.23.32 (1).webp
    2014-06-21 11.23.32 (1).webp
    70.9 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0
"The last picture is South Dakota pieces and I'm pretty sure that is an Oxbow on the right of the three Points at the top."

That is what I thought it was when I had it in hand.


I was hoping you would see this and confirm. Thank you again for these beautiful pieces.
 
Here's another frame of points. I think the middle point is either a Oxbow or Duncan/Hanna knife it is 3 1/4 inches long.
Troy





DSC03004.webp
 
Amazing Collection!!

Looks like they could have come out of the Dakota's. Incredible are the similarities in what I am seeing!
 
Here are a couple that I have. The Knife River Flint piece according to Jeb Taylors book is a transitional Oxbow piece, and the only one I have seen like it up here.

I lent the book out, so I am not able to share how the transition went and where this fit exactly.

I could sure use that book back.
DSCN0193.webp
DSCN0194.webp
 
Those are sweet points quito, I've always liked KRF. I have Jeb's book and it has Lookingbill, Long Creek, Transitional Long Creek, Oxbow in that order. Only ones I can say I have found are Oxbow's.
 
Those are sweet points quito, I've always liked KRF. I have Jeb's book and it has Lookingbill, Long Creek, Transitional Long Creek, Oxbow in that order. Only ones I can say I have found are Oxbow's.

Thanks for the info saskhunter. I would have thought the later would have been the earliest.
 
well I think I have 3 of the 4 involved here.

Man I wish I had my book back, I've probably got the missing one too..

DSCN0431.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom