What's new

Oxbow

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
Out this afternoon and this. It's the only Oxbow that I've found and it's never ceases to amaze me that I find pieces like this. This one is very heavily patinated KRF.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-11-01_23-03-14_796-1.webp
    2012-11-01_23-03-14_796-1.webp
    289.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 2012-11-01_23-01-41_249-1.webp
    2012-11-01_23-01-41_249-1.webp
    417 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0
I would def call that a hardaway if i found it in my spots, beautiful point!

I did a little research on hardaway points and the shape is very similar. To my knowledge hardaway isn't associated with the northern plains and several thousand years older. (8000-10,000 BP)
 
Nice one T Witko.

This is one reason I like this forum. We help each other learn things and it also really makes you wonder way pre-white cultures aren't studied the way the Egyptian, Mayan or other's are.

Thanks for the additional good information.
 
Sweet Oxbow Point TWilko. I have a really nice one from Colorado that Tom Westfall gifted me for my states collection.
 
this is the one i put on my other post me and kelly are calling them bro and sister

IMG_2786.webpIMG_2786.webpIMG_2787.webp this one is extremely patinated KRF
i think kelly said his is either chert or PW
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom