What's new

Pa. Was kind to me, again!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,404
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an opportunity to swing up above the Mason Dixon again and met up with Old Dude on one day and with Jeff of Pa today.

Both were excellent hosts and we all had a few laughs & a good time hunting a bit of Pa. I told them
both I wasn't up there looking for a honey hole, just to spend some time with friends looking for history. I wasn't disappointed. It was a good time!

The finds were a bit skimpy but I expected that and, besides, I still managed to find a couple interesting finds. (like always! LOL ) :

2015 (628).webp

The items on the left & the rather large item at the bottom were found on my "walk" with Old Dude.

The items on the right were from my day with Jeff today.

2015 (629).webp2015 (630).webp

The consensus of opinion is ; a letter opener. Neat piece though, even if I do
say so my own self. ;) Also, from a "pounded site". They must've missed. LOL

2015 (631).webp
Fishy thanks Mr. OD for his new bling.


2015 (632).webp
And Blingie is quite happy with the one Uncle Jeff helped me to bring home. ;)

Dave? Jeff? My complete gratitude for helping my trip up north to be a fun one.

Oh yeah, I forgot. One of the Lincolns was a 1939 that I got with Jeff today. Toasted though.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 40
I really like the letter opener ! I think it can be brought up to an amazing polish, you could clean it, then bring it to a jeweler for polishing
I don't pretend to know if it's brass (pretty common for letter openers) or copper or bronze . Nice Find .
 
That letter opener thingy is sweeeet! Love that it is engraved, adds so much to the history. Congrats on the finds and the friends day out.
 
I really like the letter opener ! I think it can be brought up to an amazing polish, you could clean it, then bring it to a jeweler for polishing
I don't pretend to know if it's brass (pretty common for letter openers) or copper or bronze . Nice Find .

Thanks! Yeah, I believe it's copper/bronze/brass. Not too terrible for a pounded site either! LOL
 
Sounds like you had a great hunt with some good friends. All treasures aren't dug from the ground.
 
Glad to see you made it back home ok. Hope your time spent with your family was memorable and fun for all. That letter opener was very neat to see you find. I like it very much. Any time you come this way, let me know and we shall have a " walk " again. I enjoyed it just like last year.
 
was an Interesting day !
hopefully the weather cooperates again next Time :thumbsup:
 
Sounds like a good "ol" time. Congrats on taking the good stuff.
 
Glad to see you made it back home ok. Hope your time spent with your family was memorable and fun for all. That letter opener was very neat to see you find. I like it very much. Any time you come this way, let me know and we shall have a " walk " again. I enjoyed it just like last year.

It was and has always been pleasant, walking in Pa. Thanks to you. I did enjoy being up there, family, friends, walking, can't get any better than that; unfortunately I just can't get up there too easily.

Glad you enjoyed as well. I try not to be a burden.

By the way, why didn't you post those gold doubloons you found when I was there? Or at least, the OD-nickels? :dontknow:
 
Last edited:
was an Interesting day !
hopefully the weather cooperates again next Time :thumbsup:

Yes it was. And as far as the weather goes, both of us HAVE to have it cooperate, these days. ;)
 
It was and has always been pleasant, walking in Pa. Thanks to you. I did enjoy being up there, family, friends, walking, can't get any better than that; unfortunately I just can't get up there too easily.

Glad you enjoyed as well. I try not to be a burden.

By the way, why didn't you post those gold doubloons you found when I was there? Or at least, the OD-nickels? :dontknow:

Glad pennsylvania was good to you, but I'm missing something here, are you saying he (olddude) has found a OD nickel THE coveted OD (war) nickel?
 
Glad pennsylvania was good to you, but I'm missing something here, are you saying he (olddude) has found a OD nickel THE coveted OD (war) nickel?

No, lol. I still am silver nickelless:tongue3:
 
I think blingie is ready to start goin with ya....surface finds and all....good job on the hunt
 
I have gotten together with forum hunters on a number of occasions. I am genuinely happy if they make a nice find.
It's true, there is nothing like doing what we do with others who like doing what we do.
Congrats on your finds.
 
I have gotten together with forum hunters on a number of occasions. I am genuinely happy if they make a nice find.
It's true, there is nothing like doing what we do with others who like doing what we do.
Congrats on your finds.

Yeah, it's like the spice added to a dish that makes it a winner. Nothing like sharing with friends. :)
 
Outstanding hunt... one of these days i meet up with Jeff of Pa.. again good friends and happy huntinn ya'll
 
Sounds like ya'll had a jolly 'ole time, and found goodies too! Awesome! Nice bunch of finds! Congrats!
... but that must have been one heck of a loooooooooooooooooooong walk! : p
I do believe Blingie's smile got a little bigger...that must have hurt! Fishey is always smiling.

I'm "liking" your post because I haven't figured out how to do that on my phone yet. : )

Glad your out and about goodie hunting with good folks! Nice!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom