Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Morning T-Net! I've been searching around for a good backpack to hold my new XP Deus. After spending some time looking on-line, and visiting a bunch of stores in person, I found something that I think will work very well. Its a pack designed by 5.11 Tactical called the COVRT M4 SHORTY: www.511tactical.com/covrt-m4-shorty. A broken down Deus fits nicely and securely in the large, interior compartment. There is also a smaller exterior compartment that will hold other gear. Overall, the pack is very compact , light, and looks well made. It retails for about $100.00, but can be found cheaper with a little effort. I'm looking forward to taking it out for a spin if the snow around here ever melts. HH.
016.JPG 015.JPG 014.JPG 017.JPG

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Looks like a good pack. I think it's a bit too small for my winter detecting gear, but for warmer weather hikes it looks like a good option. The tip of the lower shaft sticks out of the top of my current summer pack. I like that this pack can fit the whole unit.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing! GL & HH

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only see one strap.

OP
OP
Silvermonkey

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a sling style pack that goes over your head, and across your chest. There's a separate smaller strap that holds it all in place. Seems to work ok. I was looking for something that would completely conceal the detector, and allow me to carry it, compactly, while hiking/ biking/ kayaking into a site.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Id back up the headphones and remote with a Ziploc if your putting a Deus in a yak. You know it would be the perfect storm otherwise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread