What's new

Padlock help!

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a padlock that my Dad found last night on a short hunt of ours. I have tried to find anything on this lock and who it was made by, but can only find an old listing from ebay that you can't pull up.

Lock has an embossed "egyptian head" and the word "SPHINX" on the front. The back and hasp has no writing on it that I can see. Keyhole cylinder shows on the front and back. It looks to made of copper with brass rivets. Someone has used a hammer to open this thing up. Found at a site that produced an 1877 seated dime.

Any help on this one?
 

Attachments

  • locks 021.webp
    locks 021.webp
    130.9 KB · Views: 268
  • locks 022.webp
    locks 022.webp
    97 KB · Views: 270
  • locks 023.webp
    locks 023.webp
    81.1 KB · Views: 280
  • locks 024.webp
    locks 024.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 286
Came from Egypt off the front door of King Tuts Tomb. LOL just kidding
I don't have a clue but that is one cool looking lock.


fortbball9
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • padlock sphinx.webp
    padlock sphinx.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
If you cant find it how are we supposed to?!!! LOL ;D

I dont have time to search right now but someone else found one. http://www.enonhall.com/html/journal1002.html
Cool looking lock. Late 18oo's my guess.

Trust me I looked for this thing for a couple of hours last night until I got to :sleepy2: . Figured I'd post it for the smartest minds on the net to have a go at it. ;D
Was hoping PBK might pull one out of his hat on this one.
That is, I think, an exact match in the pic, although mine has been hammered flat on the sides. Good pic find, BCH! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Some kind of trinket box lock...It is a hard one to find :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 57_1_sbl.webp
    57_1_sbl.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0
No idea, but very cool lock!!!
Scott
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom