Is it Aluminum or Bronze?RPG said:Thanks bigcy...Expensive lock for the times. Mine is actually the bottom one at $0.12 ea. Not sure what is in the diamond. Looks like a G on top and a B ? Co on bottom. What would be the best way to clean it?
Randy
Pretty sure it's bronze. It has a beautiful green patina. Or maybe some sorta alloy?bigcypresshunter said:Is it Aluminum or Bronze?RPG said:Thanks bigcy...Expensive lock for the times. Mine is actually the bottom one at $0.12 ea. Not sure what is in the diamond. Looks like a G on top and a B ? Co on bottom. What would be the best way to clean it?
Randy
Thanks done dug it all up...I will try this. When I get it clean I will post a cleaned pic. I think this one is going to clean up very nice.done dug it all up said:Dry brushing with a soft toothbrush. No water. And if it looks like the patina is coming off, stop cleaning.
Great work that should narrow it down. The Slaymaker Barry Co. or Slaymaker Barry & Co. Someone else found one. http://www.dfxonly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24888&sid=e3ab07b965344f8f111932315a644f6eRPG said:I haven't found the exact lock or the patents but I found this. Slaymaker Barry Lock Co. Once the largest lock manufacturer in the world.
Thanks for looking.
Randy