Painted coil

I would not use a metal base paint like metal flake.

make it shiny
wrap it in aluminum foil bright side out

You need to make sure the paint is not radio opaque.

The easiest way to do this is spray down something like a piece of cardboard or a paper plate, let the paint dry, them microwave it. If it gets hot or sparks, it is most certainly a NO GO.

Even then, it seems like a risk.

If you simply must change a coil, look into hydro dipping. That should be safe, durable, and look great.

WM

Two thoughts. Why painted it? Is it for looks? Why not ask the manufacturer? If the machine is still in warranty, you might void it.

I often thought about doing my whole detector in camouflage including the coil, is that what you're thinking?

I painted my coil cover with "chassis saver" when I cracked it. I havent painted the actual coil though. It's expensive but worth it. I had some left over from restoring my '79 Jeep.

I often thought about doing my whole detector in camouflage including the coil, is that what you're thinking?

cool idea

Until you put it down frantically in it's own environment why you do the happy dance
then spend then next 45 min looking for it
orange florescence camo is a option

Hey WM and Griz, i actually do hydrographic printing. I camouflage everything. Thats why i was asking. I first paint the object, dip it in an ink film, rinse well in water, then clear coat it.
I have a 3x7 coil on my Garrett LS, wondering if i could "dip" just the top, exposed side?
Great idea with the microwave!

Maybe it's the Realtor in me but doing anything really radical to your equipment could greatly reduce the resale value. When you're ready to sell your machine and upgrade to the next best thing you might be accidentally eliminating a great number of potential buyers.

do women still knit cozey's for everything

215046950927457841_8qgEPtoK_b.jpg

maybe you can find one to make a Coil cozey :laughing7:

Two thoughts. Why painted it? Is it for looks? Why not ask the manufacturer? If the machine is still in warranty, you might void it.
And he might ruin it ..WHY ? WHY ? WHY ?.. is there a need to pain your coil..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back