What's new

Panama city beach weekend.

Seif5034

Greenie
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
14
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chunky, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Harbor Freight (Centech?) 9 function
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been hunting off and on all weekend. Kinda hard to do with a pregnant wife and toddler to look after, but I managed to put in some good time on the beach. I wrapped up my hunting this morning about 1AM. For a Harbor Freight detector on my first ever hunt I think I did alright.

$2.86 in clad
Two earrings (junk)
1 anklette (junk)



Today we are heading home to Mississippi and when I woke up We had a couple metal detectorists on the beach. I hadn't seen anyone all weekend. Good luck everyone + HH
 
Upvote 22
Nice beach...productive!
 
Congrats on your ear rings & clad finds - I will take clad any day cause it will add up, can be cleaned & spent. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us & wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Great post Man.

Finds are "good enough" Ill bet If your coil got over some Silver or Gold , you would have found it.

Also I was just thinking , We (The Family) need a Beach Trip, It's been 5 or 6 years since I have seen the Ocean.

I have spent Many 'Memorable' times on that Beach, be careful on the trip home .

Reckon there are any Civil War relics in Chunky MS?
If so hopefully you can dig some , & Well the coins there are waiting for you.
GL
Davers
 
I'm sure the Chunky River would hold some civil war relics. I'll have to ask around and see if there are any significant historical sites around here.
 
Last edited:
With a Harbor Freight detector!!!

Great job!

Occasionally we read on here that they actually are okay detectors. Yours looks like a testimonial to me!

Keep swinging it!
 
Deepseeker, they definitely feel cheap (I can feel the plastic creaking as I swing it) and the handle leaves much to be desired, but function seems alright. I was digging bottle tops and coins around 12"-15" in the dry sand. Battery life is nice as well. I didn't change batteries all weekend and still going strong.

I think I may do a little research and see what my options are on modifications. I'd like to make it a bit more comfortable to swing. The addition of a strap and a vertical grip would help immensely.

I'd like to find enough loot to pay for an upgraded (amphibious?) detector. I know those are NOT cheap so I better make this one more comfortable in the mean time.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom