Paper Bills

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
I couldn't find a better spot for this then the Coin forum.

I don't know much about paper $$ but have snatched these out of circulation.
I always thought they were cool but never noticed a value book.

I wonder if any of these have any collector value? Any hints as to value (other than face :P)
Or leads on a book that may help?

$5 1963 red Seal $1 1935 D Silver Cert.
$5 1934 D Sliver Cert. $1 1935 F sliver Cert.
$5 1953 Sliver Cert. $5 1950
1935 5 Yuan (bad shape) $2 1976 (no expectations for this one)

Attachments

• 26700024.jpg
    26700024.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 248
You took those out of circulation?? or was this a long time ago, because these are in really awesome shape for paper money! :o

Crazy huh, I shouldn't say I found them.... They found me!... all over tha past 15 years.

All accept for the Chinese bill jumped into my hand or wallet just doing the old everyday buying of "stuff"
Me and my ol' eagle eye found It wasn't to tough to notice the different colored seals.
The 1950 dosn't look all that special but I noticed they don't say "In God we Trust" on the back.

No Doubt, your so right when it comes to basicly value being what someone is willing to pay.
Ebay sometimes slaps be back to that reality.

You think you sitting on a gold mine but get on ebay and every one is selling thier gold mine too...

I too saved those bills. I also have the red seal. Twenty dollar bills used to say Gold Certificate. Our money used to be based on gold and silver. Now it is just paper. When the gov't needs money they just print it. I wonder, have other countries done the same?

They are worth more than face value! The $5.00 red seal note is over $8.00 the rest I don't know?

If you want to make any money on e-bay you first have to earn 80 sales then you have to get 1000's of popular items at dirt cheep prices and sell them. You could also just sell potato chips that look like saints for 10's of 1000's of dollars. LOL

Keep @ it and HH!!

Oh I hear ya, I could try to sell them but it might not be worth the effort right now.
I see paper $$ isn't a real huge seller on Ebay.

If I had a collection of paper bills that nice like that. No way would I sell them unless they gave me over several thousand dollars! That is a real nice little collection I would hang on to them for sometime.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back