Pardon me, just a little slow - Yesterday's Finds

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My hard drive failed on my 6 year old PC - lost its' Master Boot Record (MBR), and I'm just getting past the elemental software of my PC. I posted yesterday that I'd been out with a good hunt. Now I have some pics to post.

All total, I dug 50 coins for $3.00 - whole lot of pennies, a "junk" necklace, and a silver ring.

Love this necklace - appears to be a bronze or brass chain. This may not be precious metals, but I bet somebody paid a fairly good price for this thing. Almost didn't dig it, very odd signal. Stuck my screwdriver in the soil and flipped it up & got the end of the chain. When I pulled it out I almost wet and soiled myself :)

Image4.jpg Image5.jpg

Then later as I was going along, got a solid signal and dug this:

Image1.jpg Image2.jpg Image3.jpg

No way in heck, even with a microscope can I read what that stamping says. So I tested it using the 18k gold test = positive for silver.

Thus, here's yesterday's adventure. I've a very tentative relationship with the owner of the property. I had a pouch plumb full of trash, AND broken glass - thus hopefully further cemented the relationship with the property owner.

Upvote 10
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice scores Rodger,how old is the property?

Chris, I really don't know how old the necklace is. The property is very old, but activity there is modern - no silver coins yet.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! I turned the pic upside down and I can see 925. Sweet little ring for sure ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468533233.839055.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that necklace would be great addition to a display case nice ring too!!!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool finds! I turned the pic upside down and I can see 925. Sweet little ring for sure

Danged! Thanks! I'd been just looking at it over and over, something there but I didn't connect the dots.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Congrats! Nice silver ring!

Not sure if the necklace is a recent reproduction of an older costume or actually older. Usually you can tell more by the clasp.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet! Congrats! Nice silver ring! Not sure if the necklace is a recent reproduction of an older costume or actually older. Usually you can tell more by the clasp.

I'll hook up the Celestron later and get a good picture of the clasp. The whole necklace is intact and the clasp works.

As you can see in the pics there's a lot of staining. I really am thinking brass or the like. Is there any recommended cleaning I should do to this? I've washed with hand soap and rinsed thoroughly, and that's all.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've taken pictures of the clasp with the Celestron.

Image7.jpg Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg Image10.jpg

The duos are flip sided.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the Malachite ring is def silver.

Well done.. cool dig.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the Malachite ring is def silver. Well done.. cool dig.

Ah! I've never heard the term "Malachite" before! So, I looked it up. I'm pretty pleased with that ID!

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver ring and the necklace. Great finds!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've taken pictures of the clasp with the Celestron.

View attachment 1336564 View attachment 1336565

View attachment 1336566 View attachment 1336567

The duos are flip sided.

I did a little investigating on line :eek::D. A lobster claw closure of that type is probable more modern.
They said 1990's, but mentioned similar types in 1970's. But said if it has a lobster claw it is not vintage, but a modern reproduction of vintage. Would explain why all the stones are there.

But hey, its your necklace if you want to call it vintage, i'll back you! ;)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds! Congratualtions! :occasion14:

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I did a little investigating on line :eek::D. A lobster claw closure of that type is probable more modern.
They said 1990's, but mentioned similar types in 1970's. But said if it has a lobster claw it is not vintage, but a modern reproduction of vintage. Would explain why all the stones are there. But hey, its your necklace if you want to call it vintage, i'll back you! ;)

Thank you! I wanted to call it vintage! But, I got up with a pretty knowledgeable friend and he said hippy! Well, I kinda leaned on being hippy a long time ago, however went completely straight for a life's career. Hippy chicks were beautiful! However they were not vintage :)

I kinda wished it was older.

Alas.....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is still a very nice looking piece.

...in a little while even the hippy chicks will be vintage!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread