Park hunt before the rains.

Siriusz

Greenie
Jan 27, 2024
Hit the park before it started raining. Historicaerials showed this area might have had buildings in the late 1800's, but when I actually checked it out, the oldest things I found were foot deep can slaw and ring pull beaver tails. This was especially true in the back end of the park where there was a big field and I only found two things of interest: A santa pin and a Jesus pendant (reverse side looks like the virgin mary). The main park had more coin finds and this weird football medallion. Will have to look for a better location for next time.

Attachments

• finds 2.jpg
    finds 2.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 13
You dug coinage a few notable finds at the park. Well done

So now at least you can check it off the list.
Just remember most urban sites that have history have probably been detected a few times over the past 60 years.
Just have to work them and do a little thinking out of the box to get the better keepers.

Very true, but they're never hunted out.
There is a small park in the downtown area of Toronto.
Folks detected it since the beginning of the detecting time in the 60s.
Still 45 yrs later folks were finding silver in this little park.

Detectors get better, soil moves, trash gets dug.

I had detected a roadside pull over park and it gave up lots of silvers and older small coppers.
They had removed some bush over growth and I was digging lots of silver dimes.
On the return hunts I'd find dimes that I had missed in the same plugs, seems that the air space of the hole masked the detection of the dimes.

You did good :) thanks for sharing

Hit the park before it started raining. Historicaerials showed this area might have had buildings in the late 1800's, but when I actually checked it out, the oldest things I found were foot deep can slaw and ring pull beaver tails. This was especially true in the back end of the park where there was a big field and I only found two things of interest: A santa pin and a Jesus pendant (reverse side looks like the virgin mary). The main park had more coin finds and this weird football medallion. Will have to look for a better location for next time.
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back