🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 10
Why would anyone in there right mind put an 1865 coin in a parking meter???? Hard to believe. I was always told, "truth is stranger then fiction"

Hey it even looks like it came out of the ground , thats crazy!

Tell me where else on the world can you park at a meter for a cent other than Wolfville?

Hey it even looks like it came out of the ground , thats crazy!

Tell me where else on the world can you park at a meter for a cent other than Wolfville?

That's what makes it most strange...definitely a dug coin...which means I have some local competition...just not too bright!

A couple years ago one of my friends got an 1866 US 2 cent as change while she was working as a cashier - makes you wonder what people are thinking. Guess that fellow just needed to park!

nice coin ...congrats ! :thumbsup:

What kind of parking meter even has a slot for a coin of that size???

It probably takes loonies and toonies I'm guessing! ;)

A few years ago I used to see ads in the backs of coin mags and online ezines classifieds and such advertising rolls of UK 2pence coins, which discontinued use around a dozen years or so ago, after comparing the size, I found they made an excellent substitution for our loon dollars! at a mere fraction of the cost of the real deal. A large cent would be close to a 25c piece and more likely what is was intended to be.
Edit...just the design changed on the 2 p coin, which is what was for sale, old design coins before'98

Last edited:
A few years ago I used to see ads in the backs of coin mags and online ezines classifieds and such advertising rolls of UK 2pence coins, which discontinued use around a dozen years or so ago, after comparing the size, I found they made an excellent substitution for our loon dollars! at a mere fraction of the cost of the real deal. A large cent would be close to a 25c piece and more likely what is was intended to be.
Edit...just the design changed on the 2 p coin, which is what was for sale, old design coins before'98
That's a pretty good idea to save a few bucks haha. Bet it annoys the vending machine guys though! A large cent is between a quarter and a loonie for size and mass so makes sense they'd be accepted. Now I know what to do with all those crustys lol!:tongue3:

I wonder how many minutes they got for that?

After a couple hours in peroxide...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 65
surely an unusual place to find that. Competion...Maybe a flower garden or basement find ?

Cleaned up nice. First year of issue, I got one (same year) this spring also in decent shape.

I thought those machines only accepted modern change by reading its size and weight and stuff... ?? :icon_scratch:

Cool find...

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back