What's new

Past two days of farmhouse finds...

time4me

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
1,296
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Well, the sun has set at my in-laws old homestead here in Michigan, on what might very well be my last day of detecting...

IMG_9468.jpg


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, with so much to be thankful for, and then the kids and I headed outside - they to sled down the hill behind the barn, and me to try one more time to find that elusive large cent that I've yet to discover.

Alas, it was not meant to be - at least not during this visit. We have two days left here, but will be visiting my relatives in Linden all day tomorrow, and I don't think the weather is supposed to be nice enough on Saturday to allow for a couple final hours of detecting.

So, here are the highlights of my hours in the snow this week. The best find you've already seen - the crotal bell...

IMG_9401.jpg


Here are the rest of this week's finds (less several pounds of unrecognizable rusted out and torn up sheets of scrap metal)...

IMG_9404-1.jpg


IMG_9431.jpg


IMG_9453.jpg


IMG_9426.jpg


IMG_9425.jpg


IMG_9464.jpg


IMG_9428.jpg


IMG_9465.jpg


IMG_9460.jpg


IMG_9459.jpg


IMG_9456.jpg


IMG_9455.jpg


This is a really cool manure wagon left to die in the field next to the barn... its days of spreading the BS are long gone...

IMG_9478.jpg


This is my father-in-law's garden,

IMG_9479.jpg


where a couple of years ago he turned over a shovel full of dirt and out rolled this...

IMG_7982.jpg


And next summer when we come to visit again, I hope to clear out the inside of the original oldest barn foundation and see if maybe this is where my first large cent is hiding...

IMG_9480.jpg


I hope I didn't bore you too much with all of these photos.

Happy Hunting and Happy Thanksgiving!

Jim
 
Upvote 0
A great trip, great company, great food ;D, and great digs - that LC will get to you eventually! Thanks for sharing and have a safe trip back... :thumbsup:



By the way - gotta' love the original old style tube of BenGay... :D :thumbsup:
 
Pic's are what we want :thumbsup: Glad you might have a couple more in it for this year,sorry to say alot of us are packing in it for the year.I've got a little bit more time but not much.Love the relic's and good luck with the barn next year!!! :wink:
 
Awesome pics and a sweet farm :thumbsup:Looks like a place i would love to have Thanksgiving :thumbsup:
Congrats on your finds Jim :thumbsup:

G1
 
It looks like a Great Thanksgiving day.I like the pics of the old farm and hopefully Next Year that Large Cent will be sounding off in them headphones.

Nova Treasure
 
hey nice finds. liked the matched set of car plates
 
Great pics, what a place to visit AND hunt. Thanks for sharing, you made some nice finds there. That LC will pop out when you least expect it, I hope that's soon for you. Good Luck!
Glenn
 
Yep when you least expect it, that large cent will show itself for ya. Nice post. I hope to do some hunts in Michigan this spring. Goodluck on your future hunts. :thumbsup: jgas
 
I love those pics of the snow and the crotal bell is beautiful!
 
Very nice, Love the pictures. I just came from the woods with sweat dripping of of me, and those pictures help cool me off. You sure had better luck than i did this trip love the bell, and coin.
 
time4me,

thanks for the hunt; had a good time. :wink:

have a good un...............
SHERMANVILLE
 
Looks like a nice place, never know what will turn up on an old farm. HH
JDD
 
Great fun ahead when the warm days arrive. Congrats and I hope you get that LC soon.

Burdie
 
NICE!

HH

LW in MI!!
 
Thanks for the story in pictures. I like those old plates!
 
Dig the privy...............
 
cool relics and matching plates to boot :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom