mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this product was discussed before now, but I just finished watching the "infomercial" on that new super grass seed called Patch Perfect. I don't know of anyone trying it out, but it does seem to have the chance to lessen any damage to digging plugs in someone's yard. ~$20.00 a container.Maybe keep a baggie of seeds on your person and sprinkle it on a freshly dug and replaced plug. Any thoughts?
HH
mike

Very good idea, and watering would help. However I doubt the slobs in the hobby would even fill in there holes and continue to use trowls and shovels in grass.

Depends on turf youre hunting I would think. I dont know what seeds are in the Patch Perfect, but I would be very angry if I had a nice turf of a type of Kentucky blended with another type of Rye and someone came along and placed Bermuda seeds in a plug they dug while MDing. Bermuda is very invasive. And the flip side, if I had a nice yard,park of StAugustine or hybrid Bermuda, I would very ticked if someone put some type of Cool Season Grass seeds (Kentucky,Rye etc.) in my warm season turf.
Just somethin to think about.
John

Gator01 said:
Depends on turf youre hunting I would think. I dont know what seeds are in the Patch Perfect, but I would be very angry if I had a nice turf of a type of Kentucky blended with another type of Rye and someone came along and placed Bermuda seeds in a plug they dug while MDing. Bermuda is very invasive. And the flip side, if I had a nice yard,park of StAugustine or hybrid Bermuda, I would very ticked if someone put some type of Cool Season Grass seeds (Kentucky,Rye etc.) in my warm season turf.
Just somethin to think about.
John

Gator,
I completely agree. I think the best thing you can do is carry some fertilizer such as Bone Meal. After cutting the plug and recovering the target just sprinkle a little in the hole then put the plug back. This will help speed up the grass re-rooting. Of course if we are in a dry spell there is not much that will help unless you keep going back a watering your plugs.
NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back