Patience Rewarded with Rev War Button!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got back to a recently plowed site this morning for a couple hours and was rewarded for my last hunt here which yielded quantity over quality. Started off where I left off with lots of lead coming up and a couple older buttons...moved to another area and got a solid target and pulled out a musket ball. As I was pocketing the musket ball i re scanned and and got another target close to the surface. As soon as I saw it I knew it was military but without a number I couldn't immediately ID it. I sent a picture off to Iron Patch and he ID'd it as a Rev War Era 84th Regiment of Foot button!

Rev War and a new one for the button display...gotta like that!

Attachments

• IMG_20160522_095940_edit.jpg
    IMG_20160522_095940_edit.jpg
    669.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20160522_081507_edit.jpg
    IMG_20160522_081507_edit.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 16
Revolutionary button Is definitely on my bucket list . Congrats

Very nice button, congratulations!
:occasion14:

That's now three different marked Rev War buttons from this one site...a 76th, 10th and now an 84th...now to find the beltplate!

First one I've seen.

That is pretty awesome three buttons Rev, War from one site, Good Luck on the plate...I was thinking the same thing.

Wow, now that's one I haven't seen! GREAT button there!!

-Buck

I'm not exposed to nearly as many buttons as many, but that one I haven't seen and is awesome. Don't forget to preserve it. Enjoy and congrats!

I'm not exposed to nearly as many buttons as many, but that one I haven't seen and is awesome. Don't forget to preserve it. Enjoy and congrats!

As I type this I am in the process of preserving it with a white glue and water mixture...definitely one to take care of!

Revolutionary button Is definitely on my bucket list . Congrats

Well you're finding the right stuff and are definitely in the right area...just a matter of time I suspect!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back