Patiently Awaiting New Deus!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a great one I wouldn't steer ya wrong. If u were closer I'd say let's head out on a hunt & choose a coil have it with the v3i & c what ya think

Sounds cool.

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys wanna move this discussion to the Whites area? :icon_thumright:

I don't need any more distractions than need be while trying to learn this new Hot Rod! LOL

True man lets talk about the cool hot rod your going to be swinging left and right.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that we are back on track,what's the need to know?

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok here goes...

Took my Deus out for it's maiden voyage and had mixed results. Hear me out...

Took it to a fresh sidewalk tear out and was able to pull a '45 Wheat cent. This was the machines FIRST dig so it's looking promising. The problem I had at this location was that I was using the 13" coil. NOT the best tool for the job in this instance. I was more than a little frustrated that I couldn't work the area the way I wanted.
When the frustration got to much, I headed for a nearby school that was built in '72. I just recently started hunting this areas ball fields and it's producing a fair amount of clad. After a short while I had some quarters & dimes and then got a deep hit with the VDI in the mid 90's on 12kHz. Had to dig down 9" (depth of my pro pointer) to retrieve the '49 Wheatie at the bottom of the hole!
I played with a few programs including RK's CoinShoot and Ed's Deep program. Ed's seemed to work best for me so far.

I'll play more tomorrow!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok here goes...

Took my Deus out for it's maiden voyage and had mixed results. Hear me out...

Took it to a fresh sidewalk tear out and was able to pull a '45 Wheat cent. This was the machines FIRST dig so it's looking promising. The problem I had at this location was that I was using the 13" coil. NOT the best tool for the job in this instance. I was more than a little frustrated that I couldn't work the area the way I wanted.
When the frustration got to much, I headed for a nearby school that was built in '72. I just recently started hunting this areas ball fields and it's producing a fair amount of clad. After a short while I had some quarters & dimes and then got a deep hit with the VDI in the mid 90's on 12kHz. Had to dig down 9" (depth of my pro pointer) to retrieve the '49 Wheatie at the bottom of the hole!
I played with a few programs including RK's CoinShoot and Ed's Deep program. Ed's seemed to work best for me so far.

I'll play more tomorrow!
Yeah,the nine inch coil is about the best "all around" coil for the machine. The reactivity is so fast on this machine,swinging fast to cover ground isn't a problem. My favorite "factory program" is Deus Fast. I like everything about the 12 kHz programs,but the target separation on the TID,it is extremely close,and many targets have the same signal strength. On the lower kHz programs there is a lot more separation of the TID's. On my machine, at 4kHz if you hit a 60-61 on the TID you can bet it's a pull tab. If it's a 52-53 it's a nickel,a 73,it's a dime,or copper penny,and if 83,it's a quarter,anything over a 91,and over is trash. What I haven't spent time with is the 8kHz. It may be the best of both worlds,I dunno?:dontknow: There are so many options that it is mind boggling!:laughing7: I've just explored the coinshooting side of this machine,and have just scratched the surface,then there's the open field,and deep woods relic hunting,beach hunting,ect.! I'm gonna be busy,playing with,and tweeking programs for a long time!:laughing7:

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah,the nine inch coil is about the best "all around" coil for the machine. The reactivity is so fast on this machine,swinging fast to cover ground isn't a problem. My favorite "factory program" is Deus Fast. I like everything about the 12 kHz programs,but the target separation on the TID,it is extremely close,and many targets have the same signal strength. On the lower kHz programs there is a lot more separation of the TID's. On my machine, at 4kHz if you hit a 60-61 on the TID you can bet it's a pull tab. If it's a 52-53 it's a nickel,a 73,it's a dime,or copper penny,and if 83,it's a quarter,anything over a 91,and over is trash. What I haven't spent time with is the 8kHz. It may be the best of both worlds,I dunno?:dontknow: There are so many options that it is mind boggling!:laughing7: I've just explored the coinshooting side of this machine,and have just scratched the surface,then there's the open field,and deep woods relic hunting,beach hunting,ect.! I'm gonna be busy,playing with,and tweeking programs for a long time!:laughing7:

Definetly I to have both the 13" & 9" u may think the 9 is to small but far from it cuz u can swing it so fast it makes up for it a lot. I use the 9" over the 13" more then I thought I would, in a totally flat feild might b a different story not sure yet but keep the 9" on fella ull grow to like it. So far my choice programs have been deus fast,relic,& gm power I base my programs from these & also tend to use 12khz it gets deep u have full power very nice setting. Last thing fella this sounds a start u had with ur pro not sure in the beginning but grew very quickly to liking in it once the settings click its a very well built,fast,lite, detector hh everyone I'm gonna try out a new program 2 into 1 crazy one hopefully it works aswell as I think it will

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frustrations mounting!

Programming is kinda starting to piss me off. Sometimes after making adjustments then saving, some settings default back! This mainly happens when making changes to disc. Defaults at 10...Then I adjust to zero, sometimes it defaults back to 10.
Made a custom program and now no "expert" sub tab in the Sens setting so I can't make adjustments to the TX setting!
Guess I have some more reading to do!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it slow man I mean u did just get it what yesterday just play around with programs it came with & play with the controls till u get used to it then threw those programs in to much to fast I go frigin nuts to its a great machine man really

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frustrations mounting!

Programming is kinda starting to piss me off. Sometimes after making adjustments then saving, some settings default back! This mainly happens when making changes to disc. Defaults at 10...Then I adjust to zero, sometimes it defaults back to 10.
Made a custom program and now no "expert" sub tab in the Sens setting so I can't make adjustments to the TX setting!
Guess I have some more reading to do!
It takes time,to get the hang of it! It will come,I still have a few problems (if I would read the manual closer,I think that would help):laughing7: I loaded in 3 programs,then fumble fingered the buttons and erased them all!:BangHead: I still get nervious when I make changes to a program,then try to save the changes in the program!:laughing7: Is the program using 4 kHz ? If so the default TX power setting is at 4,I don't think you can change it!:dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As my frustration mounts at not having my 9" coil available and the Deus being attracted to bottle caps like flies to poop, I took some time last night and played with some freq settings and found a neat little bottle cap work around.

While using a 12kHz program I ran the coil over some bottle/crown caps. With the assortment I had I was ranging high 80's to low/mid 90's on the VDI. Similar to what dimes & quarter come in at. I then changed to a 4kHz program and noticed very little drop (if any on some) in VDI numbers on the caps but a substantial drop in #'s on coins.
I'm hoping once I finally get my 9" coil back, bottle caps will be easier to distinguish from good targets but for now with my 13", I'll be using the 4kHz as a check.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As my frustration mounts at not having my 9" coil available and the Deus being attracted to bottle caps like flies to poop, I took some time last night and played with some freq settings and found a neat little bottle cap work around.

While using a 12kHz program I ran the coil over some bottle/crown caps. With the assortment I had I was ranging high 80's to low/mid 90's on the VDI. Similar to what dimes & quarter come in at. I then changed to a 4kHz program and noticed very little drop (if any on some) in VDI numbers on the caps but a substantial drop in #'s on coins.
I'm hoping once I finally get my 9" coil back, bottle caps will be easier to distinguish from good targets but for now with my 13", I'll be using the 4kHz as a check.
I don't know why most people don't use the 4 kHz frequency most? It has the highest power,and the best target separation. My machine is a hammer when running it in the 4 kHz programs!:thumbsup: Some of my deepest coins have been found using it,since the default TX power is on max while in the 4 kHz mode. I know the higher kHz will find "smaller" targets,but I haven't noticed it finding any targets (coins) any deeper than the 4 kHz?:dontknow: I'm not sure if the crackling/fuzzy signal while "wiggling the coil back" is a trait of the 9 inch coil,or the 4 kHz program? But it will sure tell ya it's a bottle cap 99 % of the time!:thumbsup: One thing I have noticed is, when using my Pro Pointer,my machine picks it's signals up,while looking for the coin in the hole,unless the coil is at least 4 feet away,while running in 4 kHz. It doesn't do this in the Higher frequencys though????

Last edited:
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
9" coil is in!

Now maybe I can get down to business!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buddy now Ill b waiting to c what u really think of the deus with the right coil on for the right place good luck man

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
9" coil is in!

Now maybe I can get down to business!
Been out for a test drive yet???? I got rained out today,had to meet with a contractor,ect.:BangHead:

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been out for a test drive yet???? I got rained out today,had to meet with a contractor,ect.:BangHead:

Yep I got out for a bit. Dug two rings, '57 Wheatie & the normal clad. Still having a hell of a time with bottle caps even with the 9" coil. I just can't hear em break up even when pulling the coil off em.
So far Im not a big fan of the tones either. They are all kinda buzzy. I don't like buzzy! But if I can't find tones I like, i fear this might not last! christo is playing with the GM power tones, maybe I'll try those!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep I got out for a bit. Dug two rings, '57 Wheatie & the normal clad. Still having a hell of a time with bottle caps even with the 9" coil. I just can't hear em break up even when pulling the coil off em.
So far Im not a big fan of the tones either. They are all kinda buzzy. I don't like buzzy! But if I can't find tones I like, i fear this might not last! christo is playing with the GM power tones, maybe I'll try those!
Yeah there are some different ones. The full tones are kinda crazy,but they really get your attention. The tone's don't seem to bother me,but those :censored: Bells tones on the ATP,run me ape :censored:!:laughing7:

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah there are some different ones. The full tones are kinda crazy,but they really get your attention. The tone's don't seem to bother me,but those :censored: Bells tones on the ATP,run me ape :censored:!:laughing7:
See, the ATP tones don't bother me at all in Pro Mode. Standard yes, Pro No!

Nickels with the Deus sound like garbage to me (not good), zincolns sound like garbage with the Deus (Im fine with that) Bottle caps sound great on the Deus (again not good) although I do have a 4kHz work around. Its all that buzzy stuff driving my nuts!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See, the ATP tones don't bother me at all in Pro Mode. Standard yes, Pro No!

Nickels with the Deus sound like garbage to me (not good), zincolns sound like garbage with the Deus (Im fine with that) Bottle caps sound great on the Deus (again not good) although I do have a 4kHz work around. Its all that buzzy stuff driving my nuts!
I like the 3 tone setting. I set the tones to where the nickels are on the low scale,and the pennys,dimes ,quarters are on the higher tones. I try to notch out the nails (I got plenty at home in the garage) don't need any more!:laughing7: Yeah,ATP pro mode is ok,standard mode is Ding a Ling Land!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread