What's new

"PAYABLE AT THE STORE OF J. BROWN" HP

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
2,717
Golden Thread
3
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with Freddy 67 today.
Great day for mid Nov. in cold country. (12-13 C = about 55 F)
He got the only Silver, a Vicky 5 cent silver, waiting for a cleaned pic.,and,
late when we finally got back.

My first coin was a first for me, not rare by no means, but a first, and in good shape (for a 200 year old copper in dirt.). I do like the tokens, and variety they come in.

Other stuff includes a trigger guard of some sort ? there is a bit of engraving on it ?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2069.webp
    IMG_2069.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2070.webp
    IMG_2070.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2071.webp
    IMG_2071.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2072.webp
    IMG_2072.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 20
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
What a great old token..:thumbsup:
 
That's a great looking token buddy! Love to see that engraving better if you can shoot it. Canada certainly had some of the most attractive tokens.
 
That's a great token...great condition!
 
nothing wrong with that one...in nice shape too
 
Great hunt Rick congrats on the Token. I that an other Crotal Bell I see. HH
 
It's always nice to have a decent example of the various tokens, half pence,and world coins that could possibly be found, now you got a pretty nice one right there!
 
I really like that token Rick. You guys have such a great variety up there.
 
I really like that token Rick. You guys have such a great variety up there.

Thanks Steve, yes there are quite a few different ones. Some I have quite a few of, and quite a few I don't have one of.
For anyone interested in having a quick peek here is a list of a good many of them.
Coins and Canada - Pre-confederation commercial tokens - Lower Canada, Upper Canada, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Wellington, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland

By the way the other coin I found is a barely there token "field marshall Wellington"
 
It's always nice to have a decent example of the various tokens, half pence,and world coins that could possibly be found, now you got a pretty nice one right there!

Have been meaning to go through them, and check them off in a book..."someday I'm not so busy" That's my quote.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom