What's new

Paypal deals?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
4,101
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I have never used them. Never had a use for them.... but I recently made a large purchase on EBay and feel I should have at least some way of tracking it, just in case.

What are some ways I can make sure this deal goes through smoothly? :icon_scratch:
 
Also if you pay thru paypal and dont get your item you can complain thru paypal and in some cases I belive get a refund and they will go after the person who kept your funds and didnt send your item, they will have on record your payment to the seller, paypal is not a bad deal for the buyer, but a seller on ebay has to pay a listing fee, a final value fee, and a fee for accepting paypal, sometimes hard to make a buck after all that.
 
Well, I figured this deal was too good to be true, the buyer pulled the ad earlier today. Auction closed last night and I was the winner of a MS 65 RB PCGS 1909 SVDB!
Since he pulled the ad, Ebay has sent me a notice that strongly suggests that I not send the money.... well, DUH! But..... can I leave feed back on this shady deal now? I know I woulda picked it up for a helluva steal, thats probably why the seller backed out. But if he relists it, what recourse do I have? I won the auction fair and square. :icon_scratch: Other thing I figure is the coin may be stolen or something. I asked him for a better picture this morning, and soon after he pulled the ad. I dunno, I'm going there now to check it out. Back in a bit.
 
you have no recourse "move along nothing to see here"
 
Yep, it appears I have no recourse. The seller removed ALL his ads and is no longer an Ebay member.... good thing I got his email, LOL!

I'll keep an eye out for him, I guess. :wink:
 
If they send it through the USPS, there is not much you can do to track the shipment.
Since I have worked for the USPSfor the last 13 years, I can shed some light on this often bit of mis informed information. The US Postal Service does indeed have a way to track your shipment. It's called Delivery Confirmation. It will show when your item was accepted at the Post Office and when your item is delivered to the address given. Another way that an Item can be tracked is by Overnight Express. Not trying to start an argument, but so many people have this whole attitude that the Post Office seems to lose alot of mail and are way behind the competition when it comes to package delivery. The majority of the American public would be very upset to know that UPS and FedEX use the Postal service to deliver most of their packages. Just today in my smalltown Post office in south Alabama, we received 27 packages that we will deliver tomorrow from UPS and FedEx. These folks are paying twice to have their items delivered to their homes and don't even know it! Tim
 
A lot of conterfeit coins on ebay right now.Caution is the word!Too good to be true?It's probably not.
 
It was PCGS graded- MS 65 RB. :'(
 
Ebay recommends using caution with a seller who is new or has a low good feed back number. This is common sense. I always use PayPal, I consider the fees a small amount compared to the insurance they give both the seller and buyer.

Note: just because you see a graded coin in a picture does not mean you will get that coin. There is always a little chance taken buying anything over the internet. Other than poorer than stated quality I have had real good luck so far.

Ed D.
 
I have been buying on ebay for quite a while now and have had great luck on there, BUT the key is read the feedback not just the numbers but the feed back left for sellers and if you see a bunch that say the same words BEWARE!!!!! I do not buy from sellers with less than a 95 feed back and even then I read the fered backs and if they do not sound right I do not buy from them. I oly had 2 problems one I never got the item and had paid ins on it and the lady wrote me and said she made a mistake and she refunded all my money even the ins and shipping. and another time an iten that did not work right and the seller there was verry nice and refunded my money. I always use paypal and if they do not accept it I do not buy from them. E bay is great and there are many great sellers out there. I even bought 2 metal detectors on ebay and am 100% happy in the deals.
 
Well there is another side to Paypal. I used them on Ebay also but have canceled all further transactions with them and taken them off our business website. I recently sold an item on Ebay for 43.00. The person paid through Paypal and all was well till Paypal sent me an email telling me they were holding my money for 21 days till Dec. 28. Well they can kiss my @#$. I paid Ebay and Paypal and the shipping and sent the item, then wait for 3 weeks. I emailed Ebay and canceled the transaction and gave Ebay hell with a too the point letter, contacted the buyer and explained it and they agreed to cancel also. Don't mess with my money!!!!!!!!! I also still have 100% Rating. So their are many people that sell on Ebay that are 100% legit, but don't want corporate America screwing with their cash.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom