What's new

Paypal gave my money away without my approval.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
3
Location
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac

Nokta marko simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was last year or early this spring that I got Avast antivirus and a few weeks ago they emailed me saying they were taken $39.99 to renew my Avast.The company is Nexway. They said they would take it on December 2 and I could click on the email and this page would pop up to fill in the required areas and I didn't know all of it and after 6 times of trying I couldn't email it back to tell them I no longer wanted their antivirus. When I ordered it the first time it ask if you want to have them take it out at the end of the year and I always click no just like I do on here because I like to make up my own mind if I want to pay or not.
I trashed their Antivirus a few weeks ago and my computer runs better. No more pop ups and loud voices coming out of the computer saying you virus definitions have been updated and something else keep popping up.
So why wasn't I notified so I could click authorized or unauthorized and now I feel I cant trust Paypal anymore and I let them know and I tried to put in a resolution center and It looked like they were asking me to change my password and all and it wouldn't take it and when I clicked send it would pop back up so I clicked off and I guess they got it Because I got an email from Paypal.
Paypal better fix it so these companies can just steel your money and put you through a bunch of crap to get your money back. I put Nexway's email address in my email and told them I want my money back.
 
Last edited:
It's surely an infuriating situation.
PayPal has had recent security problems, that I hope have been resolved.
Now, when I make "online" purchases, I use a pre-paid card with a certain dollar amount loaded on card.
Hope you get your loot returned.
GL
Peace ✌
 
Thanks cincinnatikid. I got an email from Nexway saying they are returning my money and to make sure all their downloads are removed. And Paypal says I'm getting my money back.
I never thought it would happen all that fast.
 
Congrats rodgerdodger!
Peace ✌
 
Those subscription payments are a crime, you but something ad it puts that on. Companies are ripping off people that have these services and don't even realize they are paying for them. Always check PayPal for any authorized payments/auto payments that you really didn't mean to authorize. There is a section and you'd be amazed how many companies can take money without your consent and then you have to make a stink to get it back.

As far as antivirus check out Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free and works very well. Most av are good at telling you that you have a virus and not at preventing or removing them. I'm an IT guy and the free Microsoft one is actually the best in my opinion. Have that and don't open any attachments you weren't expecting...the IRS isn't going to email you about an audit and that pdf fax is not really a pdf people! Don't open stuff if you were not expecting it, and if you're not sure, call the sender and find out, if you don't know them, ITS SPAM!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks HenryWaltonJonesJr. That's who I went with Microsoft security essentials and it's free and no more problems.
I made the mistake of clicking on something once and it cost me $80.00 to get my computer fixed.
 
Well do a little research and then turn on backup and restore. If you ever get an issue just run the restore and turn back the clock, it'll work 90% or more of the time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Think that's bad? Try buying or selling any gun related item so they can freeze your account and you don't get anything out of it 'till you admit to breaking their rules then they throw you out! I've heard of people that have had thousands tied up for months they couldn't access! I'm waiting for the next latest and greatest before dealing on line!

Wade
 
That is very annoying, try to call them and explain to issue, if nothing works and worst goes to worst say that you will not so business with them anymore.

Coinman123,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom